Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My name is Christina, I'm 49, married 30 years. I'm fairly new to riding (3 years on "big bikes). I started out 5 years ago on a 50cc chopper by "Tank" then i got a 07 Honda Rebel 250cc. Had that for 10 months, won $2,300 in a bowling tournament, upgraded to a 2002 Honda Shadow Spirit 750cc, had that for a year and a half,
I just upgraded to a 2008 HD Sportster XL1200C
A month ago and I'm so stoked, except for the oil leaking from the cap when it's hot. It seemed overfull, so removed quite a bit of oil from the box, but it's still spraying oil all over the right side of my bike and back tire!
My husband is going to replace the air filter, oil filter and will drain the oil and change it. Is there anything else i should be doing? I don't want to have this happen again, i don't even know if I've got everything covered. If anyone else has dealt with this issue, please let me know what it was and how u fixed it. Thanks a lot

·
Registered
37,171 Posts
May want to replace dipstick o-ring. The rubber compresses with age degrading the seal.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome from Chicago burbs...love seeing women ride their own. My wife started riding last yr on a 2018 Heritage. Since she has joined a women’s riding group (she feels no judgment with them on riding ability) and put about 5k miles on this past summer and can comfortably ride with most guys now.
Congrats on the upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts