Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. New member here from SW KS. I'm 50 years old and been riding for years but just got my first HD, 2012 FLHTK.

My first bike was an 80 Suzuki RM80,
then I stepped up to a 1989 Kawasaki Vulcan 750,
then an 08 Kawasaki 900 Classic,
then an 08 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic,
then a 12 Kawasaki Voyager,
then a 16 Victory Cross Country Tour
and now the 12 FLHTK.

My wife rides a 13 Yamaha V star 1300 deluxe and has been riding for several years now. My daughter rides an 05 Yamaha V star 1100 Classic and has been riding a few years. I have a son who rides his sister's bike when he is here.

I am building a custom bike from a 1974 shovel head, 4 speed, kick only with a 2010 Kraftech hard tail frame we raked out a bit and have a 4" over front end on it. I hope to have it done to where we can strip it back down and get it painted this coming summer. All I have left are pipes, forward controls and primary drive and lots of little stuff, wiring.

My brother and I work on bikes on the side to make a little extra money for stuff.
Do a lot of tires and oil changes for people.

Tyler

Reactions: Kainam

·
2004 Ultra Classic
1,170 Posts
Welcome from Las Vegas TylerV. Good intro by the way.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Greetings from Minnesota! You will have to post pictures of your build as you go . . .

·
old scoot coot
3,435 Posts
welcome aboard tyler. i'm on east side, coffeyville. great intro. it sounds like you are a bike family. when you are ready to paint tins on the shovel chad ward in wichita is at the top of the food chain on custom paint. he's a little pricey but the quality is not eclipsed by anyone. he can give a quote on phone. it great quality at just a little more than body shop paint. not bad. if you guys are cruising east give me a shout. got a guest bed if y'all need it. send pics we love pics. enjoy your first harley, you will never go back. stick around and have some fun. lots of harley gurus on this site and some good ole ball bustin too.:grin

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all.
I will start a thread on the shovel build with some pics of it so far and as we progress.
Any one out this way needs anything give me a holler and I will do what I can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts