Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanx for the acceptance, my friend/HD Mech is gone to the better place.Maybe I can adopt one here!

Have had my 1979 FXS 80 Low Rider for 16 yrs now, a total rebuild with Bobber fender, forward controls, manual solenoid lever, creamed tank and 2" drag pipes and some bling. Been sittin for a few years and decided this years Toy Run is in order.
Been piddling with it all summer and it finally fired up, durn crankcase was full as usual and forgot to prep for the vomit.....

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Yep, never add oil to a bike that's been sleeping for a while... They do like to sump! My last HD was a 1980 FX. It's good to know there are still some on the road. I would love to see a picture of your bike. Mine had a broken motor mount (that i didn't know about) when i bought it. From the riders position, i hardly noticed, except the mirrors were blurry useless. My wife on the back, she NOTICED it! She absolutely refused to get on that bike a 2nd time!:p Even after i got it fixed. She made good on it though. She bought me my Ultra as my 60th B.D. Then we got her a 1200 C. on New Years Eve this year. Happy Motoring!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Greetings from Minnesota!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum! Yep, never add oil to a bike that's been sleeping for a while... They do like to sump! My last HD was a 1980 FX. It's good to know there are still some on the road. I would love to see a picture of your bike. Mine had a broken motor mount (that i didn't know about) when i bought it. From the riders position, i hardly noticed, except the mirrors were blurry useless. My wife on the back, she NOTICED it! She absolutely refused to get on that bike a 2nd time!:p Even after i got it fixed. She made good on it though. She bought me my Ultra as my 60th B.D. Then we got her a 1200 C. on New Years Eve this year. Happy Motoring!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
NICE!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts