Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site. Just purchased my second Harley, a FLHX Streetglide. Sorry no pictures yet............having it shipped from Boise, Idaho to Hesperia, Calif. Looking forward to learning alot from all you Harley riders. See ya soon.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome from San Marcos, Tejas. Gateway to the Hill Country & Devils Backbone.

Gotta love them Wide Glide's

·
Registered
623 Posts
Welcome, I'm sure you are aware of the DMV issues (you need over 7,500 miles on the bike) to register is Calif. right?

·
What?
3,256 Posts
Welcome, I'm sure you are aware of the DMV issues (you need over 7,500 miles on the bike) to register is Calif. right?
Really?

Welcome to the forum!!!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Yep - If you buy a new bike that has Calif Emissions (Calif still requires a different set up than the other 49 - and of course all bike sold new in Ca. have Ca. Emiss.) no problem of course. BUT - if you buy a used machine without Calif Emiss. (and no out of state bike would have Ca. Emiss) then in order for it to be classifies as a 'used' vehicle it has to have 7,500 miles on it, then no problem with registration. If it doesn't you're screwed, there ain't no way around it. Unless of course you do to the expense of adding the Calif Emission System (at least a charcoal cannister and a couple of other goodies).

·
What?
3,256 Posts
Yep - If you buy a new bike that has Calif Emissions (Calif still requires a different set up than the other 49 - and of course all bike sold new in Ca. have Ca. Emiss.) no problem of course. BUT - if you buy a used machine without Calif Emiss. (and no out of state bike would have Ca. Emiss) then in order for it to be classifies as a 'used' vehicle it has to have 7,500 miles on it, then no problem with registration. If it doesn't you're screwed, there ain't no way around it. Unless of course you do to the expense of adding the Calif Emission System (at least a charcoal cannister and a couple of other goodies).
Man you guys have to put up with a lot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts