Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, new member as of yesterday. I made the mistake of posting in the classic section before introducing myself on the new members forum. Thanks to badassbrutus and Dave63 for letting me slide.:thumb

My ride is a 48 pan that I've had since 1980. Other rides I've had are 1980 FXWG, 78 low rider and 1969 sporster. Love to get a newer one but since 9/11 working in the airline business extra cash has been a rarity. The bones are creaking when I'm jumping up and down starting my ride.

First motorcycle ride I had was in a 63 panhead police sidecar when I was 6 years old and got lost at the zoo. Been hooked ever since. Don't ride as much as I use to but I like to take it out on the weekends. Especially like to show the new machine riders (not that there's anything wrong with that) how the old bikes operated.

Glad to be a new member and looking forward to posting.

Looking for fastener torque specifications for panheads if any one can point me in the direction I'd appreciate it.

·
Out Riding
477 Posts
Hello and welcome from Arizona. Looks like you have a great ride.

·
Banned
655 Posts
Hi Jim. Yeh, we just are trying to get into the practice of introducing ourselves. Get to know the bike you have and where you are from. We have so many new members, it is hard to keep up sometimes. Your rides sound awesome. Dave is one of the best of the best for technical advice and laughs. So are many, many others here. So welcome to the forum, from Missouri. Loretta

·
Registered
623 Posts
Well - being a Pan Head you definitely made points with Brutus and Dave - Welcome

·
What?
3,256 Posts
I tell you what, since you bones are creaking and squeaking, that ride isn't for you. Let me know where your at here in Texas, and I'll come by and take it off your hands. (For your health :D )

:welcome

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it's been thru 2 wives, 4 girlfriends and 7 dogs. It'll be around for a while. thanks for the comments and welcomes.

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Welcome, love that bike, that reminds of the 1st bike I sat on I was 7yrs. old and it was an Indian red like yours, beautiful.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Thanks for adding a touch of class to the place with that bike of yours and welcome!

·
Banned
1 Posts
Hi guys,

As a newly registered user I like to say hi to everyone who uses this forum. I am a newbie to this forum. I am NYK from Canada. I am glad to join your wonderful forum. Thanks

NYK
Used Cars

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome from San Marcos, Tejas.
Gateway to the Hill Country & Devil Backbone.
Gotta love them Wide Glide's

1 - 16 of 16 Posts