Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I've had my 2012 streetbob for about 9 months or so and only changes have been V&H big radius, stage1 breather, and SE tuner,. So I got the itch to buy more stuff. Blk Progressive 412s (11in), highway pegs, front turn signal relocation, sidekick seat, and last is the tricky part. I want new apes but I am totally lost. I want the chizeled or pointy apes. Maybe 12-14 inches tall. I am comfortable I can put on everything else but the bars is the one thing that worries me a little because of not knowing If my stock wires/cables will work or if I need new cables and wires how long they will need to be. My bob came stock with mini apes that are 10 or 12 inches tall so I figure I could go up to 13 or so inches and keep the stock setup. Buying new cables isn't out of the question but id like to keep it as simple as possible if I can. Any advice on tackling these mods?
Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I can't get a straight answer if the mini apes are 10 or 12. Dealer told me 12 and my buddy has a bob and he thought they were 10 or 10.5.
I would like to go 12 or 14 in a different style of ape. I want to go at least a couple inches taller then my current setup.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I've come to the conclusion to just go with a 14" black Carlini brand ape. I fell in love with the design and I have to have it. Haha
I'll just order a cable kit and I should be good hopefully. They only make that bar in a 14 and up so I'm hoping it isn't too high for me since I'm at 5"8. From listening to everyone around here they say they wish they would have gone bigger so I'm going with a 14 instead of a 12 now. Can't wait to get them in and get them on!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have 12" zbars with a 1" riser and used stock cables. I'm 5'8" and it fits like a glove. Your bike has 10" stock minis. The 06-08 have the 8". My bob is an 09.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts