Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just came out, this navigation system is water resistant, has the best anti glare touch screen on the market. I played with it today at a local electronics store and this is one of the best, user friendly systems out there. I am buying one once they get them here in a few days. Just wanted to share if anyone is in the market for a low priced navigation system. Check RAM mounts if you want a handlebar mount also!

http://www.gpscity.com/garmin-oregon-600.html

"If the opposite of pro is con, then that means the opposite of progress is congress"

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
Hey glide, for that price id look into a small zumo. If its for bike only. I dont think the one you linked to will do directions. Its more designed for offroad.
Ive got the harley zumo 660 and love it and i can type in destination and get directions. I can unclip it from the bike mount and take to the cage also. I can also read a map so if i want to take my own rt i can. I have one similar to this for the atv and love it since it has back track feature that maps your rt you took so you cna find your way outa the trails. But for on rd motorcycle,
Zumos are the best.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check the zumo out today, the one I listed does turn by turn navigation as well as off road directions, but thats the one thing it feels more oriented for tracking or trail. Is the zumo waterproof?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
VA Fender Bender
5,549 Posts
yes the Zumo is waterproof but I believe it is quite a bit mor money

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
Yes the zumo is not only waterproof, but its also shock resistant, oil and gas resistant uv resistant, anti glare, backlit screen, and glove friendly design. and comes with vehicle adapter and suction cup mount for the cage and a wiring harness and mount for the bike so you dont have to worry about running out of batteries on a trip. And its rechargable battery so when you stop you can take it in and look at the poi's for your area and such. Its more money but i think id your spending $400 already, get a zumo and youll be happy....

·
Registered
36,944 Posts
I dont think the one you linked to will do directions. Its more designed for offroad.
From what I gathered by watching the video, it looks like the "T" version is for offroad, topological maps.

The non-T version would be for the road map version.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have the Nuvi 550, it's not a bike only GPS, but is water resistant and about 1/4 the price. I've ride with it in a down pour with no ill effects, have been using it for 2+ years. I have it mounted on a Ram handle bar mount so it really doesn't get very wet.

I really think the Zumo line is just a money grab.

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
The new Zumos (660LM & 665LM) are pretty nice.
The new touch screen is 10+ better than the old one.:nod

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just got the Zumo 350LM about a month ago. I like the way I can just disconnect it from the mount and take it with me. Bright screen and you can add apps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts