Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,
I'm new to this forum but been riding since '68. I ride a 2005 FLHT/I with a TLE sidecar. It's black cherry, I told the dealer any color but black or blue, it was the only other choice. I've added a Champion reverse to it and a Pingel electric shifter then plumbed the rear brake on the bike to work with the fronts off the front lever. Oh, I forgot, I have a rare form of Muscular Dystrophy and can't use my legs for much.
I used to build an ride choppers but gradually went through a cafe racer stage then quit riding because of the MD.
My wife bought the current bike for me for my fiftieth birthday five years late, and worked with Easthampton HD to add the accessibility modifications.
I prefer day trip riding alone or in small groups and enjoy touring New England. We try to do at least one rally every year. I guess we're gonna do the New England HOG rally in August this year and will probably do a day trip to Laconia, maybe an overnight if thr finances are there.
Hobbies beside biking are rifle and pistol shooting and trap as well as collecting antique military arms. I'm a recruiter for the NRA and wife and I are both life members. I also have a curios and rellics license and a state auto weapons license.:strum Oh yeah, I play bass and am a union member Local 171 of the AFof M. My music preferences run to blues and country but also some older R&B and R&R. Drop me a line anytime. - Dave

·
Just Chillin..
474 Posts
Welcome to the place. It's has a lot of knowledgable bikers.

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Welcome from metro west, Dave

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
Welcome and it sounds like you have a very interesting life.
Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome from Texas. Originally from Western MA. Sounds like you have quite the ride there.

My wife bought the current bike for me for my fiftieth birthday five years late, and worked with Easthampton HD to add the accessibility modifications.
Bought my first Harley from Easthampton HD, 1980 FXWG.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts