Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm back after almost 2.5 years. I was gonna attempt the build myself still kinda wish I was but time family work etc. Got in the way oh and no good place to work on it. I'm back because the guy is just gonna swap a front end crashed 1200 sportster motor and trans. Which may leave me some money for up grades for more power trying to stay under 2k for parts. I'm here hoping for advice on inexpensive but effective parts. The guy doing the work is pretty well known around here so he's trusted but hard to talk to. He speaks hard fast and with an accent. He told me some things I should get but to hard to understand and he was doing 4million things at a time.so any suggestions while the bikes apart, camps stroker, carb, pipes anything I can think of would be huge.thank you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm back after almost 2.5 years. I was gonna attempt the build myself still kinda wish I was but time family work etc. Got in the way oh and no good place to work on it. I'm back because the guy is just gonna swap a front end crashed 1200 sportster motor and trans. Which may leave me some money for up grades for more power trying to stay under 2k for parts. I'm here hoping for advice on inexpensive but effective parts. The guy doing the work is pretty well known around here so he's trusted but hard to talk to. He speaks hard fast and with an accent. He told me some things I should get but to hard to understand and he was doing 4million things at a time.so any suggestions while the bikes apart, camps stroker, carb, pipes anything I can think of would be huge.thank you
And plZ let me know if you think I'm getting ripped off. He thinks the swap and getting it going should be well under 2k.
Welcome back
"A man can be the most intelligent in the room, by simply saying nothing" (I forget who said that)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts