Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've just bought my new FXDBI -06
Its gone 871km/541 miles.

Sadly I read after my purchase that they have some issues with the stator and primary bearings.
Is there any other problems that is usual to those bikes?
If you would like to check out my Harley instagram go ahead and follow TobyCustoms, I'll follow you back. Some pictures/comments are in swedish on instagram since I'm from sweden
Ride safe 馃憡馃憡

offtopic, its not done yet. Doing a clubstyle build!
Items that is on its way:
Speed kings bar 12" with pullback
Saddlemen seat with red leather stitching
Arlen ness grips

And yes the other exhaust has been taken off at the moment haha!

Super Moderator
Looking great and welcome to the forum. Thanks for asking about posting links. Just make sure it doesn't look like you are selling anything! We do love a good build thread though and riding stories from beyond :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Looking great and welcome to the forum. Thanks for asking about posting links. Just make sure it doesn't look like you are selling anything! We do love a good build thread though and riding stories from beyond :)
Thanks mate, nah there will be no tradetopics here, only my build and questions etc :)

Registered
You are saying it only has 540 something miles on it?
Pretty sweet!
Lots of stuff here in sticky's and search is your friend.
Things to keep an eye on as you maintain the bike.
From what I've seen the horror stories way outweigh the facts, and usually there's a reasonable fix. Especially if you know what to look for and catch it early.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty sweet!
From what I've seen the horror stories way outweigh the facts, and usually there's a reasonable fix. Especially if you know what to look for and catch it early.
Thats the funny! Its been owned since new by a 60 year old guy馃槀

Registered
The '06 FXD was the test bed for the 96 cu. in. engine. There were several problems as you have heard. A few internet searches should give you the info you want. Sadly, I have forgotten .

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
The '06 FXD was the test bed for the 96 cu. in. engine. There were several problems as you have heard. A few internet searches should give you the info you want. Sadly, I have forgotten .
I know some of the faults, Ill have a look at the stator and primary bearing in the weekend since im switching to mid controls. And I didnt have the lever to the shiftpeg so Ill check it out eitherhow馃憤馃徏

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty sweet!
Dang i just noticed i wrote wrong miles!!!
It has gone 8710km = 5400 miles! Sorry bout that hahahah

1 - 8 of 8 Posts