1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
So obviously im in the market looking for a SG,
been on the hunt for about a 3weeks all over internet,
cycle trader,craigslist you name it.....

i am gonna finance and got approved for 18k, this will be my first bike, im searching for 09 up.... but was considering just getting it brand new 2013..... my first mods i wanna do are Yaffe Monkey bars 12-14" and then stretched bags .... i would love to find one with bars already but been a headache just a bit on the search for my LADY if you will :)

what do you guys think NEW or USED ???? dos and dont's in regards to search....also what are differences from 09 - 2013? did a lil research but would like to hear from Y'all...oh and i am from SO CAL :think:think:think:think

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Only difference between 09 and 13 is 96" motor vs. 103" motor.
103 is a lot better than the 96 power wise in my opinion and would look at a 2012 and newer.
You won't get a new one for $18,000 though and you might not even find a 2012 and newer used either.
Tons of bikes on clist........money talks.
Good luck.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Hd is right in 12 they dropped the 96 on all but a few models, and went with the 103. That being about the only difference. Only other diff would be the warranty...

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Might think about this too...SG is a popular bike right now...might find the right deal on a Ultra or EG classic and you can strip it down and make your own version of a SG and still have the tour pac. and such if you ever want to take a trip or something ...cheaper to remove stuff than add it...in the long run..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only difference between 09 and 13 is 96" motor vs. 103" motor.
103 is a lot better than the 96 power wise in my opinion and would look at a 2012 and newer.
You won't get a new one for $18,000 though and you might not even find a 2012 and newer used either.
Tons of bikes on clist........money talks.
Good luck.
yeah my brother has a 2012 with the 103 great bike
.... and the base models start at 19,700 i believe for 2013 models,
in which case i mean after taxes and fees 21-22 k i would assume,
but my question really is should i just save up a couple more grand put it down and finance the difference which of course i have 18k finance room...you get what i mean ???? for brand spankin new bike or just look and wait for a 2009 - 2011 possibly 12 model ....

i guess where i am getting at is would it be wise just to save a few extra grand for a brand new bike rather than paying 16-18 for a bit older......

and

i definitely thought and have been told to strip down the electra glide and convert it to a street Glide and what not but naaaahhhh just seems like there are differences that i can notice in the comparison

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I just bought my '09 at the end of March. The bike had 4400 miles on it. The price was $17995. They wouldn't budge on the price. I really liked it so I went for it. I did go for bumper to bumper warrantee and the tire and rim deal. Probably saved maybe $3500 or so buying used I'm happy. It's only money. Can't take it with ya.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts