Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all, I wanted to post a brief introduction.
My name is Bill, and I am about to become the 2nd owner of a 2007 xl1200r sportster-my first HD, and my first motorcycle in 25 years. I am taking a riding course next month, but my buddy is selling me his bike, cheap, and I simply couldnt pass up the deal.
A little about me: I am currently employed as a 911 police/fire/EMS dispatcher, full time, and work the same per diem for another town. I spent about 13 years in the military-all 11B, active duty from 88-91, national guard from 91-96, break in service, then national guard again from 99-05. I am recently married, and about to be divorced (yeah, turnaround time was 1.5 years!), and am REALLY looking forward to getting on a bike again!
I have little knowledge of the mechanics of modern day bikes, and REALLY look forward to doing a lot of research and tinkering on mine when I get it. The last bike I owner was a Suzuki GS450, and I think I had the carb apart once a week!

·
Registered
12,074 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky and thank you for your service. I also didn't have a bike for more than 25 years then, at age 62, bought a XL1200C. But...., now I'm on my 3rd Harley, a Road Glide. Don't know why I lived in denial all those years but I'm over it now and trying to make up for all the miles on 2 wheels I missed.

Congrats on your Sporty. Enjoy!

·
Mississippi Cajun
25,208 Posts
Welcome aboard from Mississippi!

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Welcome from SE Oklahoma!!! Lots of great ppl/info on here!!!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome from central Florida.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts