Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All and Merry Christmas/happy holidays.

I have just picked up an 03 Deuce as a blank canvas with which to have a little fun.

After using the search and picking up on the fact that the Deuce uses a few different parts from the other Softails I have the following questions:

Can I use a rear fender w/mounts from another Softail? I'd like to change to the deepest one possible. Later Fatboy for example?

Can I use any aftermarket Softail exhaust?

I intend on swapping out the solid rear for a spoke wheel. I am happy to tear down a 16" for the hub and rebuild it onto a 17/18 rim but what models/years should I be looking to for the correct hub?

Cheers!:)

·
2,327 Posts
Merry Christmas and welcome from New Hampshire. I'm pretty sure most Softball aftermarket exhaust will it your deuce. Not sure about the fender.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcomes.

That's good news on the exhausts at least! :)

After some more nosing around it would seem that I'm going to have to be creative with fender replacement, I'm happy to do so.

Just leaves the question of rear hub suitability....

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
Welcome from Arizona!!! Dueces have different frames and a lot of stuff for them is unique to them. You might have to do some fabricating for that fender.

-Rohan

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Welcome from St. Louis and good luck on the project bike.

·
Guitarslinger
3,316 Posts
welcome from NC. I was told that the Deuce has the same frame as a Fatboy.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Plenty of good folks and good information here.

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts