Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an 07 Road Glide in fire red pearl. I will be picking it up tomorrow.

I negotiated for $500 worth of accessories. I know I will be changing out the grips. What else have you guys seen as must do changes right off the bat.

What are the best sounding slip ons that Harley makes?

Do they have a flash for the bike like the did in the past? If not I will have to get the SERT or a PC III USB.

I'll be keeping the V-Rod for running around town and the Glide for the highway driving.

Mike

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Mike,

Congrats on the RG. Rented one this past summer on a ride with my sons and had a fantastic time. Its reputation as a stellar road bike in all kinds of conditions is well earned.

As for slip-ons this is entirely subjective. H-D's Screaming Eagle Exhaust is now EPA compliant. Versus stock you will see very slight increase in performance and db's. If looking for more, you have many aftermarket cans to research.

Know most go the SERT or PC route when modifying the lean stock conditions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
my opinion

Best add ons for the road king

Metzler tires---even for new dunlops

Mustang seat with driver backrest

xm stereo

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have an 07 in Pacific Blue....added Vance and Hines Slip on cans, Vance and Hines Fuelpak and a K&N RK series A/C.....runs better, sounds better...my 2 cents...enjoy. I agree the turbo makes sense just worries about the AZ summer heat with the hair dryer added.

Uptown

·
Mississippi Cajun
25,108 Posts
Definitely go for the backrest. Adds miles to the days riding. As has been said, the pipes are subjective. Depends on what sounds good to you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Uptown,
Dont worry about the summer heat on the turbo, We have baggers running around town and they are fine. 110 plus HP, no better performance mod.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Uptown,
Dont worry about the summer heat on the turbo, We have baggers running around town and they are fine. 110 plus HP, no better performance mod.
I know you have some demo "mules" that my v-rod brothers have ridden. Would you by chance have a bagger I could test ride? I can give ya plenty of names of riders that will vouch to my riding skills....no rookie here @ age 52 and riding since 12. Thanks,

Uptown

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just purchased an 07 Road Glide in fire red pearl. I will be picking it up tomorrow.

I negotiated for $500 worth of accessories. I know I will be changing out the grips. What else have you guys seen as must do changes right off the bat.

Do they have a flash for the bike like the did in the past? If not I will have to get the SERT or a PC III USB.

I'll be keeping the V-Rod for running around town and the Glide for the highway driving.

You may want to hold off on adding the slip ons until you're sure the new '07 stock pipes aren't going to suffice. Although they're not V&H or Cobras, the stock pipes are light years better than '06. But you know what they say about opinions. :rolleyes:

But in any event, congrats on the Road Glide! And remember,

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I put the SE slip-ons on and a K&N filter. Had it dynoed today and it put out a peak of 75 hp and 90 lbs/ft of Torque. I think this is pretty good for a stock air-cooled HD. I also added the detacheable back rest for the passenger and some chrome.

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Congratulations!

I'll vote for the backrest, and a set of SS brake lines.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Mike
New here but got about 40K on a 2006 Road Glide.
Riders Back Rest
D&D Fat Cat two in one with Ghost Pipe (the two in one has given me the best performance out of 3 sets of pipes I have tried. The ghost pipe gives it the dual look still, (Best of both worlds)
Power Commander
SE Stage 1 Air Cleaner,
Sansa Portable MP3 Player (Fits just right between the windshield and dash, with an $8 dollar patch chord from Radio shack to the radio) Whole set up cost $90 bucks LMAO!!!
The rest is STOCK!!

Have ridden Dunlops, Avons, and Metzler. Metzler was definately the best performance tire, more forgiving, less grab on graded roads, better in the rain, much better braking ability(softer tire) but about 3K less miles on wear. I got 11K out of the dunlops, 8K out of the 1st set of Metzler, 10K out of the Avons, and will be back on Metzlers in another 1000 miles. .

I love the road glide, I put the Short Opaque Black windshield on mine and it is in for custom paint at the moment. WIll post some pics when it gets out in a couple of weeks. Ridden Ultra's , streets, RK's, I would pick the R-GLide over all of them for overall bike. I ride mine as a daily driver about 60 miles round trip per day to work and back.

World according to BUBBA

1 - 18 of 18 Posts