Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new set of Vance and Hines Big Shots for my FXDWG for Christmas and got them put on today. It took a little over 3 hours to do it by myself. A helper would have speeded up the install end of it. Took it out for a short 15 mile ride. It was 35 degree's tops today. That's all the cold I could stand. The new pipes sound awesome, even to my old half deaf hearing. I can't seem to be able to post a picture.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I traded for a set of Big Shot staggereds. They showed up last night. It worked out pretty cool. The guy I was dealing with lives in Iowa. He has a buddy that's a trucker who was delivering/picking up at 17 locations in NY and Ct. The buddy said he'd bring the pipes with him and call me when he got in the area. He ended up at a truck stop 30 minutes from me. I met him and we made the transfer, him taking my exhaust with him back to Iowa. We each gave the guy $25, and happy to do it. A bunch cheaper than shipping heavy exhaust and had the guarantee that they'd arrive in undamaged condition. I was psyched to install them today. Went to my local dealer to pickup exhaust gaskets and retainer rings and found that the dealer was closed from Dec 24 to Jan 2.

:( :( Now I have to sit and just look at a pristine set of Big Shot staggereds sitting on my work bench. Plus, I can't ride the bike because it has no exhaust.

I sure didn't plan ahead on this little job.

Good luck on your new exhaust.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I got a new set of Vance and Hines Big Shots for my FXDWG for Christmas and got them put on today. It took a little over 3 hours to do it by myself. A helper would have speeded up the install end of it. Took it out for a short 15 mile ride. It was 35 degree's tops today. That's all the cold I could stand. The new pipes sound awesome, even to my old half deaf hearing. I can't seem to be able to post a picture.

I want a pic. I have a 2012 WG and am looking for some new pipes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most forums when you click on insert image, will take you to your computer files. I don't have a clue how to use this forums insert.

·
Be alive!
131 Posts
Hi,
jus choose advanced and you would finfd out :)

·
Be alive!
131 Posts

·
Alberta Strong
4,478 Posts
Click on advance then on the paper clip. It will open another page and you can upload a photo from you computer. Once your done uploading then close the page. Then re click on the paper clip and insert the photo in the box.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,113 Posts
Pipes look good, but that paint is AMAZING!

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Pipes look good, but that paint is AMAZING!
There's one of these at the local dealer right now:

It's in very good shape. I didn't check the miles or take a real close look, but it's very shiny. Shiny is good.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Jp...I think ya need to start collecting one of every make in that color. ..it does look good!

I wonder how many models they released like that? I've seen a Heritage, RG, Ultra, the OPs Dyna and of course the RK.

Did they make them all?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
[/QUOTE]Nitro, nice looking bike. They have one in that color at the local dealer and always draws me over to look at it. Interesting, as my favorite color is red.

I got my pipes installed on Sunday. It took me about 2 hours. I sure could have used a third hand. lol But I was taking my time so that I didn't scratch anything.

My cell phone camera is so sensitive :( it's a little blurry.
(how do I insert a video?)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts