Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to own a 2003 VRSCA and truly loved that motorcycle. I got the itch to change the wheels, for looks only, solids bore me. Well, the new wheel quest exposed me to more than what I bargained for in that other rides entered the picture. I rode them and found meaningful differences. Having had arthritis in my knees since being a toddler they have been bothering me more than usual. A process of elimination led me to conclude that my beloved VRSCA was the culprit.

So, the news is that I bought a Road King Classic. The riding position is so incredibly different and the stress on my knees is near zero in comparison. My first true motorcycle love, my V-Rod had to be a part of the deal because I cannot afford to keep both. Not being willing to give up riding...a life long dream...it was the best choice for me.

The community known as 1130cc.com, founded and maintained by our lovable and respected Max, has meant so very much to me as a motorcyclist and a person that I will never leave it. But now that I have my new ride it will be good to connect, contribute to and learn from the members here. Any house that Max builds has to become a home. I just might be fortunate enough to have two!:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Lil there are not too many people that I would miss from 1130cc but you are one of them. You always find a way to make things interesting. I was happy to see you here too. I,m glad your sticking around. That Road King Classic is a beaut. Best of luck with it. I'm EZE RIDER over there by the way.

·
Liquid Cooled Member
92 Posts
Lil,

Sorry to hear that you got rid of the V-Rod, but when it comes to your health and well-being, you have to do what you have to do...

Congrats on the new skoot.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
congrats on the new ride! hope it helps with the knees. It's a good lookin bike :thumb:

·
Mod Extraordinaire
1,980 Posts
I'm so very jealous. I would love to have an RKC to park in the garage next to the V-Rod. Good choice, there, Lil!!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
LIL- Congrats on the new ride!!! However, I am sad to see my "nearly twin" forum sister not have her VROD anymore :( BUT- your comfort is more important!!!

Now wait until Luxie sees those tassles :)

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, Amy! It was such a hard thing to do, it still brings tears to my eyes. I may never get over it! Those guys over there better let me stay an active member!!!! I love that place!!!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Oh, Amy! It was such a hard thing to do, it still brings tears to my eyes. I may never get over it! Those guys over there better let me stay an active member!!!! I love that place!!!!
Don't you even worry about that! How many people over there don't have bikes, don't have VRODS...and it really isn't a big deal! Plus, you are a senior member!

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
I for one would love to continue to see you over there!!! I like many of the threads you start, and hell at least you still have a harley and that's gotta be better than being a "honda girl" :rofl:

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Liquid Cooled Member
92 Posts
Hell, we let Queen Cuppy stay for how long before she finally got a V-Rod? :stickpoke You are more than welcome!

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
Hell, we let Queen Cuppy stay for how long before she finally got a V-Rod? :stickpoke You are more than welcome!
yeah howcome I didn't think to say that :banghead:

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts