Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah I agree the road king has a mean look to them. Also they look good with a batwing. What year is your road king?

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,903 Posts
Yeah I agree the road king has a mean look to them. Also they look good with a batwing. What year is your road king?
Please don’t do that. If you want a batwing, buy an Electra Gilde And take the bags and tour pack off. Don’t eff up a RoadKing.

Reactions: sardonicus87

·
Registered
92 Posts
I wanna thank everybody for replying to my questions. They are all very helpful. I'm mostly gonna be riding around town and occasionally a couple hour trip here and there to the coast. Most likely gonna try and look for a bike with some speed and style. I really like the look of apes, forward controls and a lowered bike. But we will see. I will keep all your thoughts and ideas in my head when I am looking. Also I will post on here periodically with some updates and see how everyone is doing. Happy New Year. Thank you Ryan
Yeah, that's how it started for me 37 years ago when I bought a new '84 FXRS. Around town, here and there. Then it turns into weekends away....then a week....then to one of the coasts. California isn't that far from Chicago....lol. Then hey, Nova Scotia looks cool. Different bikes, but that is how it started. With that FXRS.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Please don’t do that. If you want a batwing, buy an Electra Gilde And take the bags and tour pack off. Don’t eff up a RoadKing.
Yep, I agree. If you want an Electra Glide, buy one. I love the look of my wife's RK with the "cop style" windshield. I, on the other hand love the look of my Street Glide.

·
Registered
2018 FLHXS
14 Posts
I am gonna be looking for my first Harley. I have raced motocross my whole life so I am not new to riding just new to riding a Harley. I am 6'3 230 lbs and I have 8,000 to spend on a bike. A little help would be great as I am new to this. So maybe what to look for when buying and what kind of bikes to look at? Thank you Ryan
ONLY PURCHASE ONE YOU CAN AFFORD WITH OPTIONS OR UPGRADES IN MIND! My local HD dealerships don't have the greatest reputation for sales or service so I searched for other possibilities and found much better/less expensive at both ends.

·
American
27,600 Posts
Thanks sardonicus87. I live in oregon and yes I am buying used. There is quite a few dyna low riders from 6-8k and road king's around the same. Its hard for me to really say what I think is wrong and right haha. That's why I am asking Harley riders for there opinions. Thanks to everyone that has helped out. This is all good info and suggestions.
Ride some, a Harley picks you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you want to ride all year, the touring models are great for wind protection. Having the luggage options is also great because it is an excuse to get on the bike to run errands. I look forward to Amazon returns now! As others have said you can strip down the Electra Glide if desired. Always cheaper to remove parts then adding them. Any of them will work if you are only riding in the warmer months. Just go to the dealer and act like you are ready to buy and ride them all.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just checked Ebay and found several Road Kings in the $7,500 -$8,500 range with under 30K miles. 2007 - 2008 model year. Road Kings are a great cross between a cruiser and touring bike with timeless styling.. Around town take the windshield off in about 10 seconds. For touring you can put it on in about 15 seconds. Plus you have hard bags which are nice even for around town rides. Raingear, jacket etc. can all stay in the bags for any kind of ride. Cooler weather and leave the windshield on, it really does make a difference.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts