Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo, has anyone put on a new rigid solo rack with the detachable seat? Does it make the pasenger sit to high up? I was thinking of getting one for my FXDB. Post a pic if you have the rigid rack on your bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got a little time so If you are getting one, to install it you will need a lift to get the rear tire off the ground as you have to take out the bottom shock bolts and drop the rear wheel down to get this thing on. The hardest part of the job was getting the glue from the reflectors off the fenders. Just follow the instructions to a T and it should come out fine. Now the rear passenger pegs turned into a little bit of a pain. The right side was easy the left side not so much. they want you to loosen the rear wheel up and move it forward to let you get pass the belt as the torx head screws are directly under the belt. instead of doing it like they directed I punched the torx tip out of the socket and it was short enough to fit under the belt and get a wrench on it ( I used a ratchect wrench) and they came right out and went right back in, and will save you the trouble of re aligning the rear wheel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts