Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Asylum Inmate
12,016 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Nice sound - both bikes! I've only run stock exhaust on my 2016 Ultra Limited. If the only change I made was new slip-ons for exhaust, do you have to purchase a tuner and remap or flash (not sure of the correct terminology) or are slip-ons by themselves okay.

Thank You in advance for help/advice!

·
Asylum Inmate
12,016 Posts
I did the air cleaner (K&N) and the Extreme Duels pipes so I had it flashed. It ran well without the flash, but the flash leaned it out a little.

Which is the opposite of what I thought would have happened.

·
Former Lurker
3,145 Posts
I have put the True Duals on my last 4-5 bikes. Air intake and tuner. All of them ran great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice sound - both bikes! I've only run stock exhaust on my 2016 Ultra Limited. If the only change I made was new slip-ons for exhaust, do you have to purchase a tuner and remap or flash (not sure of the correct terminology) or are slip-ons by themselves okay.

I had Khromewerks slipons installed by the dealer on my 2020 Road King not long after I bought it. I asked this very same question and was told that no other mods were necessary unless I did the Stage 1 upgrade. It runs just fine and sounds like a Harley should.

·
Registered
92 Posts

Rineharts website says that no tuner is necessary unless you change the air filter as well. I have the Rineharts on my Street Glide and like the sound and the bump in performance. No other mods done.

·
2004 Ultra Classic
1,250 Posts
Rineharts came with my 04 Ultra. I like them but after 28,000 miles they have been turning light brown. Also not sure it works but I used some anti seize when I slipped them on. Sure was tough getting them off. Po gave me the stock like new ones. I might try them out one day. Like go to the Valley of Fire and not scare all the big horn sheep away. (y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts