Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
POSER, FIRST CLASS
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the dealer looking at my new ride and I expressed my concern about the (2nd person) trick seat and it's comfort. He stated that a thicker fender could be installed and a different seat also. He said the stock fender wasn't thick enough to take on a two person seat. Has anyone replaced these?

·
Just Chillin..
474 Posts
I haven't heard that about the fender. The seat is uncomfortable after a hour or so( for me and the wife). Heartland and corbin offers different seats. I don't care for either. There is another biker on this forum who had a Danny Gray seat made. And that looks great. Let us know if you find something else.

·
Registered
12 Posts
license plate Frame

My "C" arrives in my garage tomorrow, been not as concerned about the seat as the ugly azzzz plate mount on the fender! Does anyone know if there is a "sidemount" frame for the bike???? Looked on line for something but "no can find"! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

·
Just Chillin..
474 Posts
I have been looking for some options since I got mine last April. There is'nt much out there yet for Rocker. Great bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks Moose, if something pops out there give a shout, i'll the same , bikes in the garage and tail is just as ugly, thinking about having something "one offed" at a local custom shop will let you know with pics when it happens. Bike is pearl blue, looks like Labatt blue to me..

·
POSER, FIRST CLASS
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Damn! Just hijacked my thread like nothing. How about starting your own!

Trying to find a new seat for the Rocker C, what does a new license plate frame have to do with it? :bash:

WTF Over!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dude! Sorry to step on the fingers!!!?? Didn't mean to still any limelight. Just wondering... maybe even from you if you have had any luck with options on this steriod from he!!? Good to see others with questions, but hopefully others will just pm me if any new info. WTF yourself. Were all in this together.. Thought

·
Registered
10 Posts
Regarding seats for the Rocker check out:

Corbin
Danny Gray
Jeffrey Phipps
Roberti Customs

I own both a Danny Gray and the Corbin Widowmaker if I want to take on riders.

You could also go for the HeartlandBiker Kit E-Z Rock-R

Regarding Side Mount License Plates check out:

Dennis Kirk
Drag Specialties
Joker Machines

Attached are some photos of major modifications I have made:
1. D&M Spike Air Cleaner
2. Martin Brothers Shockwaves Pipes, and
3. Danny Gray Custom Seat

Hope this is helpful to all. There is more out there than you think!

Attachments

·
POSER, FIRST CLASS
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey dbs1949, thanks for that input. I saw one on the showroom floor that had a second raised seat, but it looked like something off of a crotch rocket. The good thing about it was that the seat would come off when not used. Looking for something smaller than the first one you showed. She won't be riding with me that often, and I don't want anything that big.

Thanks again. :thumb

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey dbs1949, thanks for that input. I saw one on the showroom floor that had a second raised seat, but it looked like something off of a crotch rocket. The good thing about it was that the seat would come off when not used. Looking for something smaller than the first one you showed. She won't be riding with me that often, and I don't want anything that big.

Thanks again. :thumb
The only seats out there that I know of at present that are two up are the Harley Rocker add on, the Corbin Widowmaker, and the Heartland Kit. The Heartland kit, however, changes it from a Rocker to a regular Softail.

·
Ride N Fly
1 Posts
DBS 1949, great looking seat. Did Danny Grey have any options that kept the trick seat? Doesnt look like much room under your new seat to occomodate the trick seat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
dbs1949

I looked at the links you gave for some of the other seats, thanks for all of your work. I do have a question about the Harley Rocker add on. By this do you mean the pillion that you get when you buy the bike?
I had envisioned something that would connect like the stock "trick seat" but would be slightly larger with a mini back rest /sissy bar. I mean mini..... like just enough that your/her butt could feel the end of the seat and sort of make you feel as you were not going to slide off.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The rocker was just a bad afterthought. It may have done well ten years ago, but wide rear tires are out al ready. The Cross Bones never should have been over a 150 rear tire also.

·
POSER, FIRST CLASS
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually the fat tire is what was the icing on the cake for my friend and I who saw this bike at the dealership. To each his own, but I can't wait to purchase it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2009 Harley Davidson Custom Rocker Seat

Hey guys
I am from Bitchin Seat Co. and wanted to throw out at all of you a project we just completed for a customer.
We made a custom seat for the 2009 HD Harley Davidson Rocker and have molds in stock and it is a one week turn around right now.
Check out our website for more photos
We are pretty exited about this product and we just released it to the local Harley Davidson Dealers with in the past few days. You guy are the first to know for the public so spread the word.
Thanks guys and take care

Blake from Bitchin Seat Co.
Call or email for any questions.
[email protected]
[email protected]
http://bitchinseats.com

Click for more photos http://www.bitchinseats.com/01/modules/xcgal/thumbnails.php?album=57

·
Registered
1 Posts
A GI deployed overseas and I just bought an 08 Rocker that Ive only seen in a brochure. My question is whether the Rocker C and Rocker parts are interchangeable, ie the C's trick seat, the chrome belt cover, the oil tank. basically I got such a good deal on the rocker that I couldnt refuse, but Im not happy with the dull look of the rocker, with the price I paid for this bike I can buy the chromed pieces, painted oil tank and C trick seat off ebay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@toxxxictwin I bought the standard Rocker because I like the matte look. I really liked the trick seat though and decided to get one. I ordered mine directly from my Harley shop and installed it without any problems. Everything matched up just fine and the install wasn't very difficult. To get all the parts I needed, it cost around $1,600. I am sure that someone who has switched out their Rocker-C seat would be willing to part with their old one for quite a bit less.

Also, like most people I'm not a big fan of the license plate on the fender and plan to take it off. I was thinking of getting a Kuryakyn side mounted plate, but after some research found that they don't make them for the Rocker. As for the holes left in the fender from the stock plate holder / light: since I want a shorter fender anyways, does any see a problem with just cutting the excess away and thus not having to worry about the open holes?

~Clayton

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
so umm raptor .. you dont even have the bike yet.. and you are getting pissy cause some one asked another question in "your" thread.. whatever..

i love the rocker and i love the solo seat look.. if you are looking for a bike for two up riding i would get something else instead of hacking up a rocker

·
POSER, FIRST CLASS
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so umm raptor .. you dont even have the bike yet.. and you are getting pissy cause some one asked another question in "your" thread.. whatever..

i love the rocker and i love the solo seat look.. if you are looking for a bike for two up riding i would get something else instead of hacking up a rocker
As far as your first part, indeed, WHATEVER.

Thanks for your input. Always looking for an experienced rider's 2 cents. Still deciding whether I'm looking for a two seater so I can bring along the spousal unit along every now and then.

·
Registered
2 Posts
cto 7182- You will have an issue cutting off the Rocker fender. The fender is actually made of two pieces, steel on the top and plastic underneath, that are glued together. The plastic liner provides the stiffness since the fender is cantilevered off the frame. The wiring for the lights is also protected by the liner.

I had my fenders repainted to get rid of the flames (IMHO the flames on the black Rockers don't look very good). The shop that did it is a subcontractor for HD and were very familiar with the fender design. They had to bead blast the paint to remove it since they were concerned that heat or chemical removers would break the adhesive bond. Perhaps sawing it off would work, but you will probably expose the edge of the liner.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts