Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
the new rule is ...watch your ass...they are stopping m/c's left and right here now...talked to several people who got stopped today just riding to work...

·
Mississippi Cajun
25,208 Posts
the new rule is ...watch your ass...they are stopping m/c's left and right here now...talked to several people who got stopped today just riding to work...
Hoping that neither lasts very long nor spreads to other areas. Meanwhile, have your CCL up to date and ready to show.

·
Mississippi Cajun
25,208 Posts
After the SHTF down in Waco, I've reconsidered CC a revolver am now lookin at a Glock 17 or 19 with a couple of extra 30 round clips.
Go with a .40 and a little range time. One shot-One FU target. Easier to carry, too.

·
Mississippi Cajun
25,208 Posts
CHL not required to carry on your bike in Tx. But step off to sign your ticket and you better have one. This related to me by a LEO, CHL instructor!
I didn't know this, but good info. CHL is always in my wallet, and I just renewed mine.

·
Try'n to behave
6,433 Posts
After the SHTF down in Waco, I've reconsidered CC a revolver am now lookin at a Glock 17 or 19 with a couple of extra 30 round clips.
Clips go in your hair or in an M1 Garand, magazines go in your personal defense tool.

CHL not required to carry on your bike in Tx. But step off to sign your ticket and you better have one. This related to me by a LEO, CHL instructor!
Never ask a cop what the law is, they don't know and they are not the one going to jail when you break a law, even if a cop told you what you were doing was OK. If you want to know the law, look it up yourself and discuss it with your attorney.

·
Mississippi Cajun
25,208 Posts
The cops are stopping Harleys here now. Saw several pulled over in my travels today. Think I'll leave the Hawg at home for a while and just ride the Moto Guzzi.
This kind of thing is going to cause some bad feelings and even worse actions if it keeps up. Seems the media has made us all out to be the bad guys. How nice of them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would be VERY unhappy if I was pulled over just because I was riding my bike. Seems like every time there is any kind of trouble, the Constitution just gets shoved aside. What"s that? Riding a Harley is now probable cause for detaining you? I think not.

·
Mississippi Cajun
25,208 Posts
I would be VERY unhappy if I was pulled over just because I was riding my bike. Seems like every time there is any kind of trouble, the Constitution just gets shoved aside. What"s that? Riding a Harley is now probable cause for detaining you? I think not.
Profiling is what it is, and we've already been told that is NOT politically correct.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts