Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past Saturday a traded my beloved 06 Road glide for a 09 Screamin Eagle Road Glide. It was a tought decision to make but I am ver excited about my new purchase!!

Here's the big question..... Like all Road Glides a tour pack is an extra and the same hold true for this bike. I ordered a king tour pack painted in the silver color to match the bike, however it will look like an afterthought (in my opinion). Does anyone have a contact at the Harley paint shop that I could try to convince to paint my tour pack to match the graphics on the bike??

Thanks in advance!
Greg

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Does anyone have a contact at the Harley paint shop that I could try to convince to paint my tour pack to match the graphics on the bike??
You have one already.... Ask your dealership who they use for insurance repair, or repair paintwork. Almost every dealer has a bodyshop well prepared to do lay down HD colors to an almost new finish, less clear powdercoating. You'll get clear-coat Urethane instead, but if done right, one can't tell the difference.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately the dealership has not been much help in this area which is why I am off searching for someone who can help me out.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If it was me, and I needed some custom work done, I would go to Woodings auto body in roanoke VA, but I dont know how far you are willing to travel.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not too far from Roanoke. I have spoken with paintbygene out in Washington state and they sound very nice. The down side to using them is I would have to send a side cover for them to use to match by. My best case senario would be to get a contact at Harley and have them so it but theres only snowball's chance in hell that will happen.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what I'm afraid of. I've seen some of the work by Gene and it was excellent. The only downside is being without the sidecover for a couple weeks. Weather is just getting right for riding!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts