Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a new seat for my 14 SGS. Choices are between HD Sundowner, Hammock, or Mustang solo. I'll get a passenger pillion for the wife when riding two-up. I want to keep the same height as stock. Just want to be pushed back some. Anyone with any of these can offer some advice? Any other recommendations?

.…...........................................

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle"

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got the Mustang solo. EXTREMELY comfortable for long rides, highly recommend.

How's it sit you compared to stock? Back, up?

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle"

·
Registered
219 Posts
I bough 15 Road Glide Special and dealer let me take hammock for a week. My wife and I love it. We did about 200 miles 1 day and it was great.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
You might want to throw another option into the mix. A custom seat from Mean City Cycles. Mean City Cycles - Custom Seat Modifications

A riding buddy had his factory seat done by them and it is more comfortable than any off the rack seat I've ever sat on. And the cost is usually lower than a new seat from either HD or any of the quality aftermarket makers.

Mine will be going soon.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I have the Hammock on my '12 SG. It raised me a little. Not really sure how much. I just remember that after putting it on, it just felt like I was a little higher. Feet were still flat on ground, but seemed I didn't have as much bend as I had. After first ride, never thought about it again. Also, I would say it doesn't move you back any. May have moved me up a tad. With rider backrest, it for sure has moved me up a little.

But as Dave mentioned, the wife and I love that seat. way more comfortable for the wife.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Appreciate all the insight. Me and the misses rode 100 miles today on a demo Sundowner. Really nice. Sits us both up a little. Much more comfortable than stock. Also looks a lot better than I thought it would. We both felt like we could've rode 500 miles today with no pain. I liked the riding position more than I thought I would. Seems to handle just as nice. Pulled the trigger and ordered one offline, $295, with tax and shipping. Couldn't pass it up. Thanks again all.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just out of curiosity, anyone know which stock seat year for the street glide is considered comfortable enough to not need to be replaced?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's what I've heard about that year. The 09'. Very comfortable.

·
Registered
622 Posts
You might want to throw another option into the mix. A custom seat from Mean City Cycles. Mean City Cycles - Custom Seat Modifications

A riding buddy had his factory seat done by them and it is more comfortable than any off the rack seat I've ever sat on. And the cost is usually lower than a new seat from either HD or any of the quality aftermarket makers.

Mine will be going soon.
Sent mine there over the winter. Definitely worth the $. Had them do some minor changes to account for short legs.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I looked into their website. I'm going to contact them to get a quote

·
EX-VIRGIN
1,760 Posts
They did the super narrow on my stock seat and added memory foam 2 years ago. I'm send it back this week to have the passenger seat done and have them work it for tail bone relief. It's much cheaper than the hammock I tried yesterday, which sat to high for me. That means 600 for the seat and another 120 for the super narrow mod again. No thanks, I will fix what I have. Btw, the are scheduling appointments in to July now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts