Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Darn that $1,000 what if thread.

I posted that I wanted a solo seat and now I will have one. I ordered it today.

I have actually been having an issue with the stock seat. Because of my height and 36" inseam I found myself pushing back against the vertical portion of the seat, resulting in a lot of pressure on my tailbone and eventual tingling.

Since I wanted a solo anyway, I found a solo seat from Mustang that has a much less steep rear incline and moves me back 1.5".

It's the Mustang Wide Tripper with diamond stitch.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1369790705.548221.jpg

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1369790726.529841.jpg

Now I just need to find an old school seat rail and figure out how to attach it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
376 Posts
Have you got any time on it? I would really appreciate a report on comfort. I got a Harley tall boy to move me back some. But its a two up seat and most of my riding is solo. The tall boy looks like a sofa.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Still looking for a solo and something to do on the back end of my 1996 FLHTC.... Please keep us up to date on your progress and good luck!! Dang 36" inseam.... tall mofo!!

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a tallboy for my Night Train. It was so ugly I never even used it.

As for this seat, I haven't even received it yet. I just ordered it today. I. Should have clarified that.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
There is a seat rail that fits the wider solo seats that can be installed on Nostalgia/Deluxe and Road King models. Don't know if it will fit the seat that you have purchased.

Attachments

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a seat rail that fits the wider solo seats that can be installed on Nostalgia/Deluxe and Road King models. Don't know if it will fit the seat that you have purchased.
Where might I find that bar?

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Man, I'm jealous. And, that bar is going to look amazing on Priscilla.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Where might I find that bar?

I just typed in hd solo seat rail and browsed the image results. I haven't looked up any part numbers. It may well be an "independent accessory mfr" item. I think that I read somewhere that the original part has been discontinued by MoCo, but it has been a while since I was actively looking at this, so you probably will want to do your own research.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
JP,
About 13 years ago, I put a Mustang on my HD wannabe Suzuki. I rode from Spokane, WA, across Montana and into Wyoming. It was a rather lengthy ride for a day. I popped off the bike and felt like a million bucks. I think you are going to like comfort as much as the look.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Thinking about buying the Tripper from Mustang for my Wide Glide too.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Seat came.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1370392013.699895.jpg

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1370392027.751144.jpg

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1370392040.717019.jpg

First impression is that it is very firm. I am guessing it will soften as it breaks in.

The firmness is easily forgotten by the shape, and the lack of that incline at the back of the riders seat. It is also a little lower that the stocker. I can tell I am going to love this seat.

As far as looks are concerned, I love it. I love it. I love it. I think it looks great that the seat is lower than the tank and the rear fender.

There is only ONE issue I came across. The seat pan from mustang is incredible rigid. So rigid in fact that it doesn't give at all. Therefore, it will absolutely, 100% NOT fit with the tank lift installed.

I tried just removing the bottom bolts and letting the tank fall a little, but it was a no go.

It would be possible to install the seat and then pull the tank up, but you would have to really want a tank lift. The other issue that creates is the lack of convenience when switching seats.

I need to be able to switch to the stock 2 up rather quickly if the wifey wants to ride.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
looks good :thumbsup

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh yeah. As someone who is obsessed with exotic cars, diamond stitch is wicked cool.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts