Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Harley FNG
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a set of Cycle Shack 2 1/2 slahouts on my FXDB and I have noticed the bike is now "popping" loudly everytime I let off the throttle to shift. Not quite a backfire but still doesn't sound quite right. Is this normal or something I should look into?

·
Registered
13,193 Posts
Are you running a different A/C ? I put 3" Cycle Shacks on my 09. Pop and grumbled for awhile, computer relearned most of it went away.. Installed the KnightRider Xieds and things settled down to nice grumbling while slowing down no popping shifting gears. Running SE A/C Kit also.
Also pulled baffles and wrapped them with V&H Packing. Cut sound down from obnoxious to rather nice.

·
Harley FNG
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everything else on the bike is stock(for now). The pipes are a little obnoxious but I kinda like it. At least people can hear me on the road now

·
Harley FNG
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks bob. Maybe the reason I never noticed it before was that the stock pipes were just too quite and I couldn't hear them as well while on the road.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the same "pop pop" sound on my 48 with V&H 3" Slash Cut Slip-Ons. I put a V&H FP3 FuelPak on and the popping is still there. Might be a little less frequent with the FuelPak but it's still definitely there when I let off the throttle. I'm putting on a DK Custom Outlaw HiFlow intake later this week so I'll see if that changes anything, but I doubt it will. I kinda dig the sound, actually.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I put Vance & Hines slip ons on my 08 Rocker along with an Arlen Ness Air filter system and installed XIEDs and got some decal popping.Not real bad but it bugged me. I removed the XIEDs and installed a Dobeck Gen. 3 fuel tuner and the decal popping is gone. Bike also runs very well.
Colt.45

·
Be alive!
131 Posts
2014 FXDL + 2-1 Bassani road rage II mega power + Thunder Max autotuner ... no popping at all ...

·
Registered
319 Posts
If you guys are really in the power of the bike under acceleration and let of all at once this will accentuate the back firing. If you decelerate slowly that in its self should take care of most of the backfiring.

·
Be alive!
131 Posts
If you guys are really in the power of the bike under acceleration and let of all at once this will accentuate the back firing. If you decelerate slowly that in its self should take care of most of the backfiring.
Yap ... this is also the truth ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
The street cannons are a straight thru 2" perforated tube.
With true duels, 'no cat', they are loud.
The 2" drag baffle from Krome werks fits perfectly into the street cannon, and cut the loudness from my 2011 103ci road king with true duels, down a lot.
Before baffles I could not hear the engine, valve train, or radio.
After the baffles I can hear engine, and am happy with the increased low end, and lessening 'not elimination', of the decel pop, plus, with the increased back pressure I am getting a little better gas mileage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts