Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last three bikes were V-Strom, FJR1300, Concours 1400. I averaged 9,000 miles a year for the last 8 years. Bought a new 2014 Softail Heritage as a retirement gift to myself. I am 66 and a half, that is 666!!!! Four months and 4,000 miles later I was going around a curve near Spavinaw, Okla and the bars dragged and I lost it. (I often drag the floorboards) Went thru a barbed wire fence and then a steel pipe rail fence and knocked out the bottom two rails. Two groups of bikers stopped, amazed that I walked away. (my cat like reflexes!!) Bike started. I rode home to Tulsa from the Ark. border. Bike is almost repaired and out of the shop. I got a shiny new helmet and ready to go! (thanks Flo)
I was fortunate that I didn't go over some treetops or under an 18 wheeler. I have to remember........ Sail fast, Ride slow!
From Broken Arrow, Okla.

Attachments

·
2,327 Posts
That's a hell of an intro. Thankful your alive, and welcome to the forum from New Hampshire.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

Slow down you old fool!! :laugh

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
/\ this!

·
Registered
39,451 Posts
Hunter S Thompson's quote wasn't meant to be taken quite so literally!

Hunter S Thompson said:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station. Quite an entry there.

·
Registered
336 Posts
No crash bars for me, I can't stand the looks of em anyway! Very glad you are okay, and lived to ride another day!! Welcome from Pennsylvania

·
TGPNW
640 Posts
My last three bikes were V-Strom, FJR1300, Concours 1400. I averaged 9,000 miles a year for the last 8 years. Bought a new 2014 Softail Heritage as a retirement gift to myself. I am 66 and a half, that is 666!!!! Four months and 4,000 miles later I was going around a curve near Spavinaw, Okla and the bars dragged and I lost it. (I often drag the floorboards) Went thru a barbed wire fence and then a steel pipe rail fence and knocked out the bottom two rails. Two groups of bikers stopped, amazed that I walked away. (my cat like reflexes!!) Bike started. I rode home to Tulsa from the Ark. border. Bike is almost repaired and out of the shop. I got a shiny new helmet and ready to go! (thanks Flo)
I was fortunate that I didn't go over some treetops or under an 18 wheeler. I have to remember........ Sail fast, Ride slow!
From Broken Arrow, Okla.
sailandcrash I'm glad your ok but i have to say it's not the fault of the crash bar that caused your accident

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Wow.....that's one hell of a intro!!!!!!! Welcome and glad you are still with us!!

·
The Fighting Chicken
4,006 Posts
Wow!

I kinda did the same thing on my street glide but my floor board frames were the thing that laid me down. Glad you're all good!

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Welcome from SE Oklahoma!!! Lots of great ppl/info on here!!!
You got lucky on that one!!!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum from N.Y. You sure got lucky with that one let's hope it's your last.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts