Harley Davidson Forums banner

New softail, hi centered on crash bars, crashed in a curve

2K views 27 replies 28 participants last post by  2010hdultra 
#1 ·
My last three bikes were V-Strom, FJR1300, Concours 1400. I averaged 9,000 miles a year for the last 8 years. Bought a new 2014 Softail Heritage as a retirement gift to myself. I am 66 and a half, that is 666!!!! Four months and 4,000 miles later I was going around a curve near Spavinaw, Okla and the bars dragged and I lost it. (I often drag the floorboards) Went thru a barbed wire fence and then a steel pipe rail fence and knocked out the bottom two rails. Two groups of bikers stopped, amazed that I walked away. (my cat like reflexes!!) Bike started. I rode home to Tulsa from the Ark. border. Bike is almost repaired and out of the shop. I got a shiny new helmet and ready to go! (thanks Flo)
I was fortunate that I didn't go over some treetops or under an 18 wheeler. I have to remember........ Sail fast, Ride slow!
From Broken Arrow, Okla.

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Hunter S Thompson's quote wasn't meant to be taken quite so literally!

Hunter S Thompson said:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

#16 ·
Wow.....that's one hell of a intro!!!!!!! Welcome and glad you are still with us!!

#24 ·
Welcome from central FL, glad you made it out OK.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.