Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a pair of brisk spark plugs today suppose to be the new hot set up, Brisk premium mLGS racing BOR14L GS spark plug anybody know anything about them or was I just conned again?

·
Just Ride
3,108 Posts
Good for an extra 20 horses at 7500 rpm

·
Wayward Son
23,216 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
the problems i see with these along with the E3 plugs would be
1. you are lighting the fire from different points in the combustion chamber, and this may not matter in an all stock motor, but when a motor gets built i feel like to some extent you are changing ignition timing, everything happens in such a fraction that maybe it wouldnt matter, but i like the idea of lighting the fire at the same spot in the chamber everytime

2. once u put some miles on the new plugs and deposits start to collect, the current will always follow the path of least resistance, i feel after a few thousand miles, all that multiple spark positions will dwindle to just 1 spot on the plug

3. u ever here of indexing your plug, this is where u aim the open face of the plug towards (typically) the intake valve to allow the spark to be exposed to the fresh mix of the air/fuel, what i see with that new plug is a more shrouded spark same thing with the E3 plugs...

if wanting to run a good plug, use the iridium plugs with a fine tip electrode, this forces all the current out of one point and it will remain consistent

also they do have a plug with a built in compassator that stores energy and amps it up, this doesnt mean itll make more power, but it will help ensure the fire is lit everytime especially in alcohol, forced induction, or overly rich conditions

·
Wayward Son
23,216 Posts
I did not look at these plugs at all.

Regarding the E3`s, since they were brought up.
Was pretty sure they had already been disproved.
The spark only travels to a single point.
Not the two provided by the 2 designed in the E3.

Making the extra area taken up by the larger a hindrance.
As said, unless indexed.

·
Registered
38,106 Posts
I did not look at these plugs at all.

Regarding the E3`s, since they were brought up.
Was pretty sure they had already been disproved.
The spark only travels to a single point.
Not the two provided by the 2 designed in the E3.

Making the extra area taken up by the larger a hindrance.
As said, unless indexed.
Yup, interferes with the fuel getting to the 1 single spark and flame propagation once ignited.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I agree with the use of Iridium plugs,I put a set of Denso's in my 13 Ultra and they are way better than the E3's I was running..
Just curious how were they way better did you have it dynoed before and after the change? I’m guessing those e3’s were screwing with the knock sensor

·
Retired citizen
22,886 Posts
The only spark plugs I use in lew of the standard H-D plugs are the NGKs for the EFI engines.
Any EFI Harley that has the 4 pin coil connector utilizes the ION knock sense technology and the spark plug is the sensor for that circuit. In that context the spark plug does make a difference !

1 - 20 of 27 Posts