Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Drill, Baby, Drill!
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got my new 1200L Sportster today, and boy am I excited! My husband also got his new V-Rod Night Rod Special. We picked them out last fall at the Heritage Harley Demo Days in Edmonton. We both can't say enough positive things about that store and the fine folks who work there. They are awesome! Our plan was to have the bikes arrive in April '09, so we could get our license and take a motorcycle safety course. The bikes arrived a bit early (we still have snow, but it's melting). We just brought them home to Fort McMurray last night, and unloaded them this morning. All I can say is 'Wow!'

It was fantastic to just sit on them today, and start to get to know our bikes. What an awesome feeling! My brother has some experienced riders he works with and they've been so great; sharing tips and helping out where they can. That's one thing I can say for the motorcycle community, and specifically Harley riders, they are some of the best people I've come across. My husband and I are looking forward to riding and meeting more terrific people in the riding community.

I've attached a photo of my bike - first day at home.

Attachments

·
I'm your huckleberry
3,010 Posts
Congrats on the toy's!!! Nice ride's!!!!!!

·
Drill, Baby, Drill!
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice rides... have friends in cornwall, canada (antoni coatings)..
And if you ever ride this way (Northern Alberta), you have two friends up here, as well. Thanks for the posting.

Facn8me - thanks! We hope to enjoy the toys lots this Spring, Summer and Fall.

·
when did it start 4u
2,051 Posts
welcome hope it warms up there soon so you can get some riding in

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
VERY nice - CONGRATULATIONS to you both!!!!! Ride and enjoy - and let us know when you decide to head south!

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
It doesnt get much cooler than that! May you and your hubby ride safe and enjoy!

On a side note, your husbands vrod appears to have had the dealer battery accessory plug installed. It doesnt look very good sticking out like that. May I suggest a different position?

I just use mine for the battery tender and I tuck it under the front right cover in the summer. If he intends to use it for heated gear, just leave it like this year round or just route it to end under the seat. Notice the red wire up front. The plug tucks nicely into one of the cut outs on the upper triple tree. Sorry for the oversized pic but you can see it better this way.

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Welcome enjoy your new bikes

·
Most Wanted
534 Posts
Congrats to the both of you. Enjoy your new rides.

·
Drill, Baby, Drill!
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It doesnt get much cooler than that! May you and your hubby ride safe and enjoy!

On a side note, your husbands vrod appears to have had the dealer battery accessory plug installed. It doesnt look very good sticking out like that. May I suggest a different position?

I just use mine for the battery tender and I tuck it under the front right cover in the summer. If he intends to use it for heated gear, just leave it like this year round or just route it to end under the seat. Notice the red wire up front. The plug tucks nicely into one of the cut outs on the upper triple tree. Sorry for the oversized pic but you can see it better this way.

EZ-RIDER, you sure have an eye for detail! I would never have picked that out in the picture. Thanks for the great suggestion. Currently, he's leaving it out because it's parked for about 3 weeks to a month, so he's using it to trickle charge, while it's in the garage. Once we get to riding, he'll do just what you suggested. He does have a question for you... do you notice a difference in sound from stock to those slip ons you have on your bike, now?
Thanks for your well-wishes. We're both looking forward to riding as much as we can.

For everyone, else who have responded, thank you for your comments. This is such an exciting time! We can't wait to take the rider safety course, then start riding. I'm so happy I found this forum. It's comforting to know there is so much experience out there we can tap into. Thanks, again, everyone!

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Alberta Gal said:
He does have a question for you... do you notice a difference in sound from stock to those slip ons you have on your bike, now?
Thanks for your well-wishes. We're both looking forward to riding as much as we can.
Those are Supertrapp Universal slip ons. Yes there is a difference. It now has a throaty deep sound with added performance.

http://www.supertrapp.com/

·
Banned
161 Posts
I bought a Sportster recently - upgraded from my Buell. They are a blast. Enjoy your new ride and stay safe.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts