Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 ultra which was making a strange grinding noise when I started it after it was running a while. I put a new starter clutch assembly into the starter and put everything back together. The bike started fine , so I went for a 10 mile ride to warm it up. Got home , turned it off and tried to restart it to see if it would make that strange grinding noise. The bike would not start due to the drain on the battery. It sounded like it wanted to start but just not enough volts. Put it on the tender over night and it started right up the next day. Went for a 60 mile ride and when I got home turned it off and tried to restart it. Battery was absolutely dead, only a clicking. Put it on the tender over night and the battery is recharged. Any thoughts on what could be draining the battery while it is running?

·
Try'n to behave
5,524 Posts
Test your voltage regulator. You may be running off your battery instead of off the charging system.

·
Super Moderator
4,108 Posts
Starter could be going too. Fresh teeth on that clutch, everything tight in there. I agree, it does sound like the charging system but something to consider.

·
Registered
11,039 Posts
Charging system is bad should have thrown a code ? All great suggestions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts