Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
I actually cant complain here. I mean if everyone would opt to go ev, then there would be no tax money for rd repairs and maintenance. Thats why fuel is taxed. That is kinda the same idea of a deisel truck using offroad, untaxed fuel to run on the interstate. Now if they require you to fill up at a taxed ev station like gas cars do, then no tax needed. But if you plug into your house circuit, then they have no way of knowing how much you use. Its no worse then VA, atleast in my area, you have a county sticker, state inspection sticker and a city sticker if you live in town. Which is all tax money to fix the rds, or atleast thats what they say.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
795 Posts
They did away with county stickers in our county, but you still pay for them on the itemized tax statement. I always thought the stickers were a PITA to remove and replace every year and the glue the old one left behind.

·
Try'n to behave
5,861 Posts
And yet there are still toll roads...Most likely it's politicians lining their pockets some more.

I have always (at least as long as I have lived in VA) that the state inspections were a truck load of :cowdung I have seen some serious POS's out there with current stickers and I know that there is NO way they could legitimately pass inspection. Hell, I have one ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts