Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harley has just announced the Icon Collection, a series of bikes celebrating the old and the new. The first in the series is the "Revival", a tribute to the 1969 Electra Glide, it blends the old school look with all the modern goodies. Limited to 1500 world wide.

I love it as it looks so much like the bikes I drooled over in my formative years. I really, really want one of these! :)

2021-electra-glide-revival-f39-motorcycle-16.jpg

·
American
28,261 Posts
Looks nice.

·
Old Skool
589 Posts
It should have a Real Buddy Seat and an Air Cleaner similar to the 69.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I would trade up to that in an instant! Drool, drool!!!

·
weird member
2,880 Posts
My local dealer just got one.

I'm curious to see what else they'll put out in the "Icon" line. Would love to see an FXR or Super Glide or something come out.

·
American
28,261 Posts
That would make a really good second bike! Not that my wife would allow it though!

·
Registered
2007 Ultra Classic (Sophie) vivid black
110 Posts
Beautiful bike! Number 1300 in the series and was sold within a few minutes of the start of the event. Looking forward to seeing what's next.

·
Registered
117 Posts
They have one at the dealership close to me also. It’s absolutely gorgeous but again, is Harley trying to appeal to the wrong crowd?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
They have one at the dealership close to me also. It’s absolutely gorgeous but again, is Harley trying to appeal to the wrong crowd?
Don't know about the "wrong crowd" idea. I showed the pics of it, to some of the guys at work (all in there 20's and 30's). It seemed to get everyone's attention. I got at least four sayin' : "Hell ya!" We have 5 or 6 riders at work. Only one metric rider!

·
Registered
117 Posts
1/2 Ton just kinda wondering out loud. In my eyes it’s absolutely gorgeous. To a sport biker it probably looks like another old Harley.

·
Registered
2007 Ultra Classic (Sophie) vivid black
110 Posts
Looks to me like between the icon collection and bringing in the Pan American the moco is looking for a way to stay in business. I hate to admit that there are some really nice metrics out there that have all the same creature comforts without the HD price tag.
It's not so much about trying to appeal to any specific crowd right now, it's about looking for the crowd that will spend the money.
Having said that, if I could have made the payment I would have ridden it home.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I finally got to see one in person and I am trying to ignore the little devil on my shoulder who keeps saying, "Go ahead, what's one more?" I bought a '21 SG Special in February to go with my '19 Limited, so besides the initial cost the divorce lawyer would bankrupt me. :)

If you think the Revival is high priced go look at the CVO Tri-Glide!!

·
91 FXLR
79 Posts
If Harley brings back the FXLR, I'm Buying one. I don't care if it's $50K....

I think it's a great Idea. Merging the New with the Old Style that brought Harley back to Prominence, The Old Style Speaks to everyone...!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
1/2 Ton just kinda wondering out loud. In my eyes it’s absolutely gorgeous. To a sport biker it probably looks like another old Harley.
Who gives a flying inverted...double orbital...full shaft insertion skull f**k what a sport biker thinks about a Harley??

·
Registered
32 Posts
Harley is going for the WRONG crowd, but not like you think, not by the design of this bike. The most Harley looking Harley appeals to the...wait for it...Harley crowd. No other manufacturer of ANY product has as strong of a completely dedicated aftermarket as Harley and no vehicle manufacturer has as many indie repair shops dedicated to one brand as Harley.

If Harley closed today it would only impact new motorcycles sales, not repairs. No current owner of any 1945 and up model would be impacted to ANY degree. If your bike was made after WWII there will never be a shortage of any part as long as there are humans riding bikes.

Harley is currently appealing to the WRONG crowd by supporting anti-gun laws and the domestic terror group blm. Dealerships have fired people for supporting police against terrorist. Harley also believes driverless cars are a good thing, despite every developer seeking a waiver to not have to develop motorcycle detection tech...which already exist in almost all crash avoidance software used today.

H/A has it right...it's in their charter that no club member will buy or ride a factory Harley, not a dime for a company that turns its back on the people that saved them by supporting yuppies in the 70s and domestic racist terrorist like blm now.

Is Harley the company in danger? Absolutely and I love it, can't happen soon enough. Is Harley the brand, the aftermarket, the used bike market in danger? Not at all...never been stronger.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WR, I'm not sure where you get your info from, but I would suggest you that you get yourself a nice shiny new Honda if you hate the company that much.

To use your own hateful words;

"Who gives a flying inverted...double orbital...full shaft insertion skull f**k what a WraithReaver thinks about a Harley?? "

1 - 20 of 23 Posts