Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called one of the local "Stealerships" to replace a rear tire. Was quoted 395 for the oem replacement. Found a local guy who is replacing both tires for about the same price.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
Go local if he has a good reputation.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Going to try him out and see. It's bad because back home (recent transplant from Indiana) I knew people and could get a recommendation, here in Cali, force to use yelp.

Oh well, other than the fact that he is a one man shop and seems to take forever, it's going great so far..lol

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,476 Posts
Last time I did tires, I had the dealer replace front and back tires and brakes and with Dunnies replacing Dunnies, it cost me a grand. Next time, I'll do it at home.

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
Going to try him out and see. It's bad because back home (recent transplant from Indiana) I knew people and could get a recommendation, here in Cali, force to use yelp.

Oh well, other than the fact that he is a one man shop and seems to take forever, it's going great so far..lol

Where you at in Kalifornia ?

·
Just Ride
3,261 Posts
2 tires for $210. Mounted them myself. Online special.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Definitely not a pro, but I went with these tires based on the shops recommendation-

http://www.shinkotireusa.com/tire/230-tour-master

After about 500 miles of highway riding, they are very smooth and ride pretty true. (Here on the 99 gets pretty bumpy)

If they hold up- by my estimation of 6000 miles, then I will be satisfied with the savings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts