Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Ketchikan, AK, where it rains about 160" a year. One day, last month, the sun was shining (which doesn't happen very often), and I mentioned to the wife "man, this would be a great day for riding". To my suprise, the wife told me to buy a bike. She didn't have to tell me twice! Last month, I purchased a 2005 Dyna Super Glide Custom in Seattle. It took about a month to finalize all of the paperwork and get it shipped up here. I've never owned a bike before, nor do I know much about them, but there is only one way to learn....RIDE!

I've been reading through this forum, and it seems like there is a good group of people here. I'm already having some troubles with the bike, and have gotten a lot of help from some of the members already.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Welcome and congrats. Enjoy

Take a class and get your M certification on your Driver's License. Take your time. No rush on getting out there. Go two up only when you are proficient. One you have a Harley, you will not own another, so enjoy the process of getting there.

Get a service manual and learn to service and work on it yourself. Part of the fun.

They forum members are here, and I have found them very helpful.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome and congratz on the new ride.

I strongly have to agree with redman24 about taking a class. The classes are pretty helpful.

Very nice looking ride by the way :ride

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Congrats and Welcome from New Jersey. Redman is wise, good advise there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the advice. I'm all setup to take the motorcycle safety course next month. For the time being, I've just been cruisin around the neighborhood, getting a feel for the bike.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Welcome from VA

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,777 Posts
Man, that is one sharp bike! I have an '04 Super Glide. I absolutely love it, and I am sure the only major problem you will have with yours is not being able to ride it as often as you would like.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Great looking bike, I love my 04 Super Glide. Enjoy

·
Registered
313 Posts
Welcome from the islands. Take the advise lot of wise riders on here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the compliments on the bike. When I first saw her, it was love at first sight; I had to have her.

With all the rain, and only having 38 miles of road, the amount of riding I can do is pretty limited.

webco2, my feet aren't webbed yet, but I am starting to grow gills!

·
Banned
71 Posts
Thanks for the compliments on the bike. When I first saw her, it was love at first sight; I had to have her.

With all the rain, and only having 38 miles of road, the amount of riding I can do is pretty limited.

webco2, my feet aren't webbed yet, but I am starting to grow gills!
Gills aren't too bad, now webbed feet would make putting on your boots a PITA .

Just 38 miles of road make for short trips I'm thinking. :bike-038:

:coffee:

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
:welcome

And NICE scooter!!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts