Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, :new to this forum...actually new to ANY forum, lol. I live in Ocala, FL (originally a Georgia girl from Augusta). Grew up riding dirt bikes but was always a passenger on the bikes of the fellas in my family. Being so small I never had the opportunity to learn to ride a real bike because they were always too big. Feet didn't touch the ground, couldn't hold it up. Have always loved Harleys and decided I wanted to ride. I took the MSF class back in December and got my endorsement, then in February I bought a 1993 Sportster 1200. Awesome bike!! Practically stole it!! 1183 original miles, no roadwear, garage kept, excellent condition-$2600 :). Only thing I've done, and mind you I did it myself, is took off the stock pipes and put some drag pipes on it...you know I had to have "that sound", and I put some Kuryakyn trigger levers on it. Runs good, looks good, I love my babygirl!! Will add a profile pic of us soon.

·
Poser Member # 99
17,549 Posts
Welcome to the Forum .

If you don't post pic's of the bike it could be a story.... LOL...:stir.....:stir

We don't mind pic's of Girls too

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, I will, just don't have any yet....but soon! I'm on here looking for a solution to a problem I am having. I have small hands, therefore a small reach and having a hard time with my brake/clutch levers. Already put on some Kuryakyn trigger levers at the advice from my local HD dealer. They help but still there is the problem of the reach from the grip to the lever. I find adjustable levers but only for 1996 and up. Doesn't do me any good with my '93. The brake is the biggest concern because I have to reach forward and when I pull back I throttle forward. That is NOT GOOD!!! Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Welcome from the islands. Hang in there I know there's someone here to solve your problem

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Lol, I will, just don't have any yet....but soon! I'm on here looking for a solution to a problem I am having. I have small hands, therefore a small reach and having a hard time with my brake/clutch levers. Already put on some Kuryakyn trigger levers at the advice from my local HD dealer. They help but still there is the problem of the reach from the grip to the lever. I find adjustable levers but only for 1996 and up. Doesn't do me any good with my '93. The brake is the biggest concern because I have to reach forward and when I pull back I throttle forward. That is NOT GOOD!!! Any ideas or suggestions?

First off, Welcome aboard!!

What about changing out the perches and Master Cylinder from the 96 on to your 93...retrofit??

Also, look at the outer diameter of the grips themselves, a smaller grip may help you.

·
Rider
1,541 Posts
Welcome from sunny & wonderful northern Indiana.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
2stangs, It's looking like that's what I may have to do. Was just trying to do it in an easier less expensive way. Thanks though!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Unfortunately, it may be your only, and safest option. What you are looking to do is CRITICAL, don't go 1/2 way.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Welcome to the forum from St. Louis.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Welcome aboard. Ocala Nat Forest is one of my all time favorite rides.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
in February I bought a 1993 Sportster 1200. Awesome bike!! Practically stole it!! 1183 original miles, no roadwear, garage kept, excellent condition-$2600 :).
hi Harleychick,
A 20 year old Harley with only 1183 original miles. No THAT is a find! Way to go!

Maybe a different set of handlebars (larger diameter) would allow you to use different hand controls?

·
2,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Welcome from Washington State, hope you enjoy the site. Congrats on the new scoot... :cheers

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Plenty of good folks and good information here.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts