Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning;
I go by GrayJohn and was looking around for a Sportster forum. New to this bike and just wanted to keep it running. Been learking around for a fer weeks and desided to sign up. For right now I live in Lincoln, Ne. where if you want to ride your bike around curves you have to drag trash cans out into the street. I run a very small custom embroidery shop and make patches and hats. Min. order is one. Check out custompatchman.com

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Welcome aboard from Houston!

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Welcome from VA

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Plenty of good folks and good information here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New to this kind of Harley

This the first Haley I have owned in 40 years. The last one was a 1946. I don't even know how to check the levels in this thing. 1993 Sportster 1200. I am just starting over. All kinds of questions.
(1) Is there any other oil I can use in it? The closest HD dealer is a long ways away?
(2) Do you know of any PDF's of the manual? I would like to get this thing on the road.
(3) How do you check the level in the primary? I knew how to check everything on my 46.
The person that had it before me dropped a lot of money into it and then went to a larger HD. More money than sense. Any way it has less than 200 mi. on the rebuild. I remember when he had it done. This was his spare bike. Now he needed room in his shop. That is where I came in. I am 65 years old and a Sportster will work just fine for me. Any help I can get I will take with open arms. Anyone around Lincoln Nebraska, I got beer.

·
Registered
38,916 Posts
Hey John. The pdf manuals are boot leg copies.

You can get the real deal at New Castle Harley-Davidson or any of the other discount dealerships.

The part number for a 1993-1994 Sportster Service Manual is 99484-94

For oil, you can use any 20w-50 in the motor.

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts