Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I found a great deal on a 2013 Heritage Softail. The bike has 44miles. The person that is selling it was diagnosed with cancer right after he bought it. I like everything about the bike except..he had a magnetic tank bag sitting on it (I guess since he bought it new) I lifted the bag off the tank and it left two yellow spots right below the magnets. The bike is white. My husband tell me it is just cosmetic and get over it cause i am basically getting a brand new bike but cosmetics are important to ME. I still havent bought it and im afraid to lose out on a great buy.
I would love imput from you guys as to what i can do to remove the stains. Or any advise at all

·
Registered
10,473 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky. Can't advise you regarding the yellow spots--I would be asking someone at a body shop.

Oh, and if you buy the bike I wouldn't be riding it at highway speeds if it still has the original tires.

·
Registered
649 Posts
+1 on the tires . . . even if the tires look brand new, seven years can take its toll (dry rot). Blowing a tire on a bike would not make for a pleasant experience!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi everyone. I found a great deal on a 2013 Heritage Softail. The bike has 44miles. The person that is selling it was diagnosed with cancer right after he bought it. I like everything about the bike except..he had a magnetic tank bag sitting on it (I guess since he bought it new) I lifted the bag off the tank and it left two yellow spots right below the magnets. The bike is white. My husband tell me it is just cosmetic and get over it cause i am basically getting a brand new bike but cosmetics are important to ME. I still havent bought it and im afraid to lose out on a great buy.
I would love imput from you guys as to what i can do to remove the stains. Or any advise at all
It can be buffed out by a reliable detail guy, or have him turn it into his insurance and you pay the deductible. I did that on my current Road King. 200.00 and I got a new tank and fender.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Greetings from the left coast. All three oils, tires and some fine polishing compound for minor scratches. Original battery, check build date on it, get a new one if so. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2020 Fatboy. I love my singlesided HD Swingarm bag.
Perfect size and fit. Easy to install.
Heavy leather. Enough space for weapon, reg/ins papers, first aid kit, rain jacket, etc..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts