Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do I begin. My dad restored his 1976 FLH to give to me. His wife at the time didn’t like that he was spending all that time, effort, and money on it. She put a cut on the fuel line while he was in house getting ready to ride. When he tried to start it the carburetor backfired and ignited. He was heartbroken, as was I when he told me. I was stationed in Alaska at that time and couldn’t do anything about it. He couldn’t restore again do to finance and health issues. He pasted away earlier this year. I finally got my hands on it and back at my house. Now it’s hard for me to restore it, I’ve never done a restoration before. Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated. FYI it’s already down to just the frame.

·
American
27,035 Posts
Welcome from Indiana. Wish you the best on the restore.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Greetings from Minnesota! Keep us posted on the rebuild and pictures are always a bonus!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Greetings from North Carolina! I'm sorry to hear about your Dad and the trouble he had with his wife. Some women are so jealous of a machine they will sabotage your life. I will keep the rest of the comments to myself. There are knowledgeable friendly folks on here that can assist with information that you will no doubt need with your project. Good luck and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Welcome from Arizona.
Sorry to hear about your Dad.
My opinion but that was a mean thing to do to him.
Like was said see if you could get a hold of Schmidty on here.
He’s retired Harley Tex.
He does know a lot and helps others on here.
Good Luck with your Dad’s Bike .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for the welcome. I was wondering if anyone in SC knows anyone the would do a frame inspection. I would hate to put it together and then find out that there is a problem with the frame.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts