Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the forum and new to Harleys. I've been riding for around 6 years but it has always been crotch rockets. I hated them, but it was what my friends rode and in order to fit in, it's what I rode. I finally decided it was time for a Harley. After talking myself out of a brand new street bob, I ended up wit the last thing I thought I would ever own, a sportster. I really don't care for sportsters, but something about this one spoke to me, primarily the price. I'm waiting to pick it up now, it's a 2000 sportster 1200S with only 8 thousand miles on it, buying it from the original owner. There is a ton of aftermarket stuff on it to the point where it actually looks more like a dyna than anything else. I'm looking forward to utilizing this forum and getting help from all of you. I already have some plans for this bike and I'm hoping you all can help me make them happen.
Little bit of info on me, I'm active duty Air Force working on flying the HH60G Pavehawk right now in Albuquerque. I'll head to Georgia later this year for my next assignment. Married with a young daughter and a few dogs. I'm trying to get my wife into riding, but she prefers the back. I'm picking this bike up cheap enough that I have plans of getting a larger cruiser in around 2 years, preferably a road king.

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Welcome from SE Oklahoma!!! Lots of great ppl/info on here!!!
Thank you for your service!!!

·
Vile Deplorable
1,435 Posts
Hey Albuquerque! San Jose here, welcome!

·
Registered
39,471 Posts
Welcome.

I used to be stationed at CAFB NM, and one group I rode with I was the only one with a Harley. A few of them ended up getting Harleys too! :D

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC. Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
First let me thank you for your service. Welcome to the forum from N.Y.
Congrats on the new to you bike.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Welcome from Oregon.

Got a sporty and a king. Think it's an excellent variety. Be sure to look at the other touring models though. I was looking at road glides also, just found the right deal on a king first.

·
Registered
11,966 Posts
Hey guys new to the forum and new to Harleys. I've been riding for around 6 years but it has always been crotch rockets. I hated them, but it was what my friends rode and in order to fit in, it's what I rode. I finally decided it was time for a Harley. After talking myself out of a brand new street bob, I ended up wit the last thing I thought I would ever own, a sportster. I really don't care for sportsters, but something about this one spoke to me, primarily the price. I'm waiting to pick it up now, it's a 2000 sportster 1200S with only 8 thousand miles on it, buying it from the original owner. There is a ton of aftermarket stuff on it to the point where it actually looks more like a dyna than anything else. I'm looking forward to utilizing this forum and getting help from all of you. I already have some plans for this bike and I'm hoping you all can help me make them happen.
Little bit of info on me, I'm active duty Air Force working on flying the HH60G Pavehawk right now in Albuquerque. I'll head to Georgia later this year for my next assignment. Married with a young daughter and a few dogs. I'm trying to get my wife into riding, but she prefers the back. I'm picking this bike up cheap enough that I have plans of getting a larger cruiser in around 2 years, preferably a road king.
Go Air Force......:thumbsup

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey Apes,
Welcome to the forum. I'm new here as well but have owned HD in the past including an 1981 XLH 1200 Sportster. This was the last year that AMF had them. I also had a 86 Softail Custom. I'm retired AF, F15 Eagles, C141B&C Starlifters, and KC135 tankers. Just passed 31 years with DOD and still counting, working civil service.

Thank you for your service and if there is anything we can do to help you along with your project please ask. My Sporty was my first HD as well. I'm looking to pick up an 08 Rocker C as my next HD.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Welcome aboard, and just remember that once the HD bug bites you, it's over!! Lol

And Thank You for your service!!!!! :usa

1 - 20 of 30 Posts