Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would introduce myself.. I am new to Harleys I have been riding on and off for the past 45 years but have never owned a Harley. I own a stable full of old Japanese Vintage stuff from the early to mid 70's which is what I rode mostly when I was young with a few Triumph's and BSA's thrown in. I purchased a 2010 FXD with 7000 miles that needs some love. I have already begun the process of bringing her back to NICE. I will post pic' soon. I am looking forward to learning from this site and riding my new to me Harley!

·
Registered
39,569 Posts
How can a 2010 bike with only 7000 miles need work to bring it back to nice? :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a mess wheels oxidized, engine cases same way, lower fork legs nasty, right fork seal leakin, filthy dirty on top of that! The guy was a pig! Bad for the bike, bad for him, gooood for me, bought it RITE! :)

·
Registered
830 Posts
skey01

:welcome
Looking forward to the pictures.
I know what you are saying, some people are really rough on equipment.
You will have it fixed back up in no time :)

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
It was a mess wheels oxidized, engine cases same way, lower fork legs nasty, right fork seal leakin, filthy dirty on top of that! The guy was a pig! Bad for the bike, bad for him, gooood for me, bought it RITE! :)

Nice going! That bike deserves better. And after you've brought her back, she'll repay you over and over.

"This could be the start of a beautiful friendship."

Welcome to the forum! There's a tremendous amount of knowledge here.

--

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

·
because........boobs
57 Posts
I've saved many bikes, ATV's from an early demise....nothing better than bringing back to life something some A$$hat under appreciated.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Welcome from central Florida.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Amen on resurrecting older bikes. I snapped up a 1980 Honda CB200. "It doesn't run, just get it out of here" is music to my ears. Clean out the carb, swap the plugs, fresh gas, kick her and go!!! Little elbow grease and you have something nice.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Welcome from Waco, TX.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts