Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Billy, I have recently came accross A 74 shovel head in good shape but will need some things. I'm sure I'll have many questions. I can do anything with a chevy 350, or any jeep but the harley world is new to me. So if any one has any questions about those I'll be happy to assist.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Shovelheads are incredibly just like old 327 chevy engines.

Some have solid lifters.

They leak.

They need valve adjustments.

Shovels use the same points as a Chevy inline 6 cylinder. (Look for old Blue Streak points at your next swap meet. 1969-72 I believe, with a .028-.032 gap. Not that cheap Jap stuff....)

They make a little noise.

They have low oil pressure.

They run like no other engine when properly tuned and loved.

Welcome, Billy.

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Hi, Billy! Welcome to our lil' corner of the Inner'nets! Hope you're stayin' out of the cold. Shovels rock. Got any pics?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here it is

Thanks for the welcome. Here is the ride. Runs great looks pretty good, needs some dressing up, a cluch, and a starter. It's good when its warm but when its cold its alot of kicking for my 160lbs.

Attachments

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Nice...... Rigid frame, wideglide forks and a ratchet top tranny. Very Nice....

·
Shovelhead
391 Posts
Welcome bjacobs042. That's a nice shovel you found. What type of exhaust does it have? :thumb

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
exhaust

I believe their called fish tails. I am new to hd so if I'm wrong correct me. I've always spent my time in the dirt, but I'm a succer for classics, and my bones wont take any more hard trails. So I'm going to join yall on the street.

Attachments

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Welcome that is a very nice bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts