Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Pony, I've been riding pretty much daily for for a little over 50 years. I'm 73 years old and my bike is my daily transportation. I live in Everett Wa. and work at the Boeing Everett facility as a structures mechanic. I started riding in 1968, my first bike was a 1954 Indian Chief. Over the years I've had 10 Harleys and a bunch of other bikes. I've worked in Harley shops, Dealers and managed a shop. My latest Harley in a 1989 FLHTCU. I had a 1956 Pan/Shovel for 18 years, re-built it from the ground up 3 times, rode it to Sturgis 4 times and only sold it in a time of extreme circumstances. I've dad this bike for about a year and ride it almost daily. I bought it on Ebay out of S. Florida with little or no history as the owner went out fishing and never came back. It appears to be a 90 something stroker, has Compu-Fire Elite ignition, Mukuni RHS carb, Supertrap duals and some sort of a cam. It's my first Evo and I'm happy with it. I do have one comcern and will discuss it in another post. thumbnail (1).jpg thumbnail (3).jpg thumbnail (2).jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,201 Posts
Heck of an intro, happy to have you! Welcome from Virginia.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Greetings from Minnesota!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the ride. We have been riding about the same amount of time. I started with an old Harley in '65. joe
I think the late 60's and early 70's were the best of times. Their was so much creativity and owner built bikes. I've often thought about re-creating some of my earlier rides. But then I remember how scary some of them were to ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts