Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I'm new to these forums and looking to get my first Harley here this year. Selling my old 2001 Shadow for the down payment on the Harley. Here's a question for you guys here on the forums. I know everyone is partial to their bike of choice but what I need is some feed back on my choice between a Dyna or a Softail. I love them both... which is why the decision is so difficult. What makes you like one more than the other? Looking forward to your feedback!

·
Registered
11,031 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky. Dyna or Softail? Lots of folks on this forum that have or prefer one over the other. Strictly a personal decision. But I would suggest you sit on all of them and test ride the serious contenders. And check out each model on the HD website--select a bike and click on "Specs & Pricing" or something like that towards the top of the website page and you can compare the weights, lean angles and other useful info that might help your decision making.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
Just test ride them all till you find the one that spells to you! Yes it is a difficult decision bit it can't be made for you. ..what works for someone else may not work for you...welcome from eden nc

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin, test ride a couple of each. You'll know which one is for you.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum from N.Y. test ride, test ride and do some more test rides. Then take the one that makes you have an endless smile. Just make sure you think on it for a day so you buy with your head and not with emotions.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Welcome from Virgina. Like others have said, test ride a few and see which one speaks to you. Both are great models and each have their merits. Putting your butt on a couple will help you narrow your search.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome and responses! Looking forward for the snow here in MI to go away so I can get back on the road!

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Welcome from WNY!!

As stated....test ride as many models as you can.

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome to the forum from New Hampshire. Test ride. As stated

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC.

·
Poser Member # 99
17,649 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

Take them both out for a ride and see which one speaks out to you and get that one . A bike that rides better will be the best fit over the you want or like the best.

·
Indian Larry
8,952 Posts
Welcome from north Texas!
I like my softail, but would like a (old) Dyna as well

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Welcome from Illinois.

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Welcome from SE Oklahoma!!! Lots of great ppl/info on here!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts