Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been a member of several other Harley Forums for years but just found this one and it looks like a great source of info. I hope to learn and pass on what little knowledge I have as well.

Have been riding for 51 years. Always metrics until 10 years ago when I finally had enough money to buy a 2001 UltraClassic. Bought an '04 three years later and then a '12 two years go. After putting a quick 50k miles on that one I am facing retirement and wanted to buy my "last" bike so found a dealer running a great trade-in promotion and now have the 2015 Ultra Limited Low. First time I have ever been able to flat foot my own bike and I'm loving it. Not loving the harder seat and am concerned about how the butt is going to feel after a 12 hour day. I'm missing the more padded Classic seat, but am loving the flat-footing. We'll see how it goes.

I'm not a "wrench" but have always done my own basic service to avoid the high dealer service costs on these beasts. But this time I took a look at the numbers for an unlimited service 36 month deal. They will even pick up and deliver the bike if I want them to. Since I average 30k miles a year that's a lot of services over the next three years and with the extended warranty in place I may never have to turn a wrench again. Looks like the services I get will pay for the contract about 5 times over. I know it's not for everyone but the numbers just looked too good to pass up.

Thanks for letting me join the forum and I look forward to giving and receiving.

Cheers!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Welcome from WNC. This is the best forum I've found and just about the only one I visit regularly.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Welcome from SE Okla. Check out some threads on have that seat worked on to help with that hardness. There are several who have done it and they sing praises.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the encouragement on the seat. I've already checked with Mean City Cycles and they say they can fix it but I'm leary of them raising the seated position. I had the dealer put the regular Limited seat on my bike and it felt a lot better but had me up on the balls of my feet. I'm hoping this Low seat is like the Corbin hard seats, i.e. my butt will eventually fall in love with it.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum from N.Y.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts