Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum and new to Harleys. I bought a XL1200R last week and am hoping to learn something about the bike. There appears to be a lot of knowledge here. My Sportster is an orange 06 with 12K miles on it. I traded a Suzuki GSX for it, a bit of a change in riding style is in order. My other bike is a Honda Nighthawk 750, 03.

I bought my first bike, a 250 Zundapp in 1964, I have ridden since then except a couple of years in the Navy when I was stationed aboard ship and couldn't have a cycle.

I am retired, mostly, but my background is electronics and communications.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Welcome from the islands. I'm sure the members here will help u out with any info u need

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome to the forum from New Hampshire

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Welcome to the forum from St. Louis.

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Welcome aboard, Old Codger! Thanks for your service and post up some photos of the Sporty when you get a chance.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,358 Posts
Welcome aboard from the South Coast of Mississippi!

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Plenty of good folks and good information here.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I bought my first bike, a 250 "Zundapp"
God bless ya... hope you good over that cold soon!!! :laugh:laugh

Welcome to the dark side!!!:laugh

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, got my stock mufflers provided by seller, an independent Harley shop, Installed them over this past weekend. Shop owner purchased the mufflers from a person in California, one came with a cat converter inside, one did not. That seems to be an unusual arrangement, you would think both would have a cat or not in either one.

When I questioned the shop owner about the cat issue he seemed to get a bit upset and said that it was a California set of mufflers and that is the way the bikes come there and they will be fine on my bike. Does that seem reasonable?

By the way it seems to run fine and the bike is quiet now, like I like it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I made a change in the carb by raising the needle 10 thousands, it seems to solved my cool running stumbling issues, good so far.

Strange, this is my forth post but one post seems to be missing. Oh well, I guess that is the way this forum works. :think

1 - 14 of 14 Posts