Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found your forum, and wanted to say hi. My name is Jeff, I live in Burlington, IA, and purchased my first HD last year, a 2007 Road King Classic, black, and can't wait for riding season.

·
Out Riding
477 Posts
Hello and welcome from Arizona.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Chicago! This seems like a great forum. I put a little extra chrome, touring pak, and Rhinehart pipes. I'm thinking about LED lights, and different handlebars. Any recommendations?

·
Banned
655 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jeff. This whole forum can not wait to ride. Glad you found us. Welcome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to Forum

Hey !
I'm new to this forum thing. Just stumbled onto it when researching what is done for 20,000 mile service.

Boyfriend bought me a 2006 Black Cherry Street Glide last February with about 9,000 miles.

I now have a little more than 20,000 miles and need it serviced again.
I've been faithful and have had it serviced every 5,000 miles.

But am curious as to how much it will cost.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Mo

·
Registered
74 Posts
New member here

Great forum and site, just joined a few days ago. A little cold here in NY (I'm about 40 miles north of NYC) I still manage to get out once in a while - I'm a "year-rounder". Look forward to useful info here.

:thumb

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good Day,
I'm new to the forum and wanted to take a moment to introduce myself, I'm from Dallas, TX and Ride a 2009 FXSTB, put on some blacked out V&H pipes, a heartland 200 EZ kit and hypercharger to tweek it a bit. The wife rides a 2007 XL1200N with blacked out side by side shorties. I'll throw some pics up in the next week or so.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,459 Posts
Dang welcome y'all, these newcomer threads are getting more efficient, 4 in 1 if I haven't lost count. Welcome aboard, and Thanks for the nice introductions.

Mo- I'd guess if you take your bike in it will cost over $300. More if it needs anything. But it doesn't need anything. IMHO that's an exorbitant price to pay for an oil change and a blessing.

Service is a topic with lots of opinions, my bikes have both gotten close to the same miles as yours, and they will not get dealership service. I change my own oil and filter, I don't think anything else really needs service, assuming you check air pressure and belt tension and such. Not to insult the dealership mechanics, we have a few here now, I'd just rather make my own mistakes, if any, at a more reasonable rate. I don't use their oil or filters either, I get both from Amsoil.

fclef5 Welcome, riding in the cold is less uncomfortable than not riding, don't you think? The bikes runs better, too.

RiddinRugger - Plenty of Texas folks here, I'm a 40 mile commute from N Dallas myself. We'll all have to get together sometime.

jabRKC2007 - Welcome. Get some cold weather gear, cold and dry is when you'll get the best performance, and no bugs. :thumb

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome from San Marcos, Tejas.
Gateway to the Hill Country & Devil Backbone.
Gotta love them Wide Glide's

·
Registered
40,473 Posts
Welcome from San Marcos, Tejas.
Gateway to the Hill Country & Devil Backbone.
Gotta love them Wide Glide's
I bet you say this to all the new people.

·
Shovelhead
391 Posts
Dang welcome y'all, these newcomer threads are getting more efficient, 4 in 1 if I haven't lost count. Welcome aboard, and Thanks for the nice introductions.

I thought it was me.:1drink Welcome all. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts