Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a 2000 Electra Glide that was converted to a trike in 2016. Previous owner states that the PO before him had Harley install a Tri-Glide trike kit..
Bike has a electronic air control on handlebar ,left side .It displays current battery voltage on the top display and what I guess is PSI in bottom display.

The service manual I have for a 2000 Electra glide states that 1999-2001Electra glides had air adjustable suspension front & rear , All models.
I see no airline to the front forks . If there is a valve I don't know where to look. . The service manual shows both front and rear ports located on right rear of bike, ,manual valves.
The trike has an on-board air compressor ,evidently only for the rear ,adjustment seems to go from 10 to as high as I have pumped it 45 . I think it would go higher.. The front forks do seem a little stiff ,hard.

Problem is, I have no idea where to start at for a base setting . I weigh 250 lb. with my wife she's another 165 lb.

But the button is weird. It doesn't go lower then 10 and it only takes the quickest touch up or down to drastically change the reading . It was reading 36 and I only touch it and then it read 60 and another touch to go down and it read 28 . It seems like too big of a change for just a touch
Automotive tire Reflex camera Carbon Automotive lighting Rim

I attached a picture of controller / I'd appreciate any advice you have ,
Thanks
Figure I'll get to the dealer or someone this weekend

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
I remember some years with air adjustable forks had the schrader valve in the left handlebar grip end?? The line ran to the fork caps which are not visible with the fairing cap in place. Again, this is just from remembered discussions, I never owned this model.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts