Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

Took me several try's to figure out how to do this, but looks like I got er done, as Larry the Cable Guy would say. New to the forum. I ride a 2006 Sportster 883 L with forward controls and some added crome. Just got her in December so haven't had time to really make her mine yet.

Want to raise the bars and move them back towards me some as I am height limited. What I lack in height I make up for in weight.

This is my 7th bike, so I have been at it a while. I have owned 3 Harley's, 1 Honda, 1 Kaw, 1 Yamaha, and 1 Victory in my riding days.

I am an American Legion Rider Post 376 in Van Alstyne, Texas and a member of the PGR. If anyone hasn't heard of the ALR or the PGR, drop me a line and I will be glad to discuss it with you.

Also into Big Game Hunting with a Handgun. Hold 2 World Records.

That's it for now, don't want to wear out my welcome,

DrDick02

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Hello Folks,

Took me several try's to figure out how to do this, but looks like I got er done, as Larry the Cable Guy would say. New to the forum. I ride a 2006 Sportster 883 L with forward controls and some added crome. Just got her in December so haven't had time to really make her mine yet.

Want to raise the bars and move them back towards me some as I am height limited. What I lack in height I make up for in weight.

This is my 7th bike, so I have been at it a while. I have owned 3 Harley's, 1 Honda, 1 Kaw, 1 Yamaha, and 1 Victory in my riding days.

I am an American Legion Rider Post 376 in Van Alstyne, Texas and a member of the PGR. If anyone hasn't heard of the ALR or the PGR, drop me a line and I will be glad to discuss it with you.

Also into Big Game Hunting with a Handgun. Hold 2 World Records.

That's it for now, don't want to wear out my welcome,

DrDick02

Welcome!
Looking forward to your point of view. Care to elaborate on your World Titles? If you need help with this computer thing just ask. Anyone here would be happy to help, well almost anyone. :)

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Welcome, but what is a VMC Member??

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In response to a few of the questions:

I'm not sure where the VMC came from. I clicked on Title and it appeared from somewhere. I suppose one could say it means Vetran Motor Cycle.

I purchased my first Bike, a Harley Davidson, in September of 1957. I ordered it from the factory through Stubbs MC's in Decatur, Ill. It was a Calypso Red and Ermine White Harley Hummer. Magneto start, no ignition key, no speedo, and the horn was a bulb pump bicycle horn. All in all not too bad for a 15 year old paper boy.

EZE asked if I would speak to my World Records.

1. Trophy Game Records of the World Diamond Award for the largest Water Buffalo ever taken with a handgun. The handgun was a Thompson Contender in 30x30 calibre.

2. Trophy Game Records of the WOrld Diamond Award for the largest Painted Desert Ram ever taken with a handgun, same one as above.

Both taken off the North Texas Outfitters Exotic Game Ranch just outside of Chico, Texas.

I think that's all of the questions.

It's Good To Be Aboard,
DrDick02

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts