Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see if anybody here has this new cam from Woods? A buddy of mine is going to swap out his SE 255's for this cam next week. The people at wood's are claiming 100+ hp and torque from them. They are advertising them as "hot rod" 555's. If aall goes well with them, I just might get them too.

·
Registered
38,106 Posts
What size motor, compression etc is your friends motor?

Like to hear of the actual numbers he gets when done.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Not really a "hot-rodded 555", but the low lift version of his TW-400.
We are setting up a 107"er now for a client in western New York state.
Big torque, and combined with the proper cylinder head work, it'll pull like a tractor on the other end as well.
We have the ability to scutinze these new products prior to the actual use, via several engine programs, and cam programs we have had here for over 15 years.:)
Scott

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What size motor, compression etc is your friends motor?

Like to hear of the actual numbers he gets when done.
It's a stock compression(9.6?) 103 with stage 1 intake and V & H Pro pipe. Wood's told him that cam would work great with room for future plans of head work and a bump to 107".

·
Registered
38,106 Posts
Cool.

Subscribing to see how the build turns out. :thumb

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like it's gonna happen. My buddy called me last night to tell me the cams are ordered. He is now kicking around the idea of doing the heads too. It sounds like he wants to go with the SE CNC heads. I am suggesting that he get his heads done, but he thinks the SE's are the way to go. But, he's been told those heads are 2 months out. Just gonna have to wait and see what he decides. He was half a bottle deep when he called me. Nothing more annoying than trying to have a conversation when half involved are all greezy. Lol!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All I can say is he will be pissed when you install the 777's with proper head work for less money and you walk all over him.
I think you are correct. This all started because he thinks my bike is quicker than his. The funny thing is, our bikes have the same set up. 103" SE 255's PC -V stage 1 intakes and pipes. Mine is a FLHX and his is a RG Ultra classic. I'm just better a drag racing than he is.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That 777 needs to be at 10.5 cr to show it's teeth.
A head that'll roll out 160-165 cfm @ 10" @ .600" lift will get that 103"-107"er running VERY well.:thumbsup
Scott
I think he's starting to figure that out, I believe he called and talked to you guys yesterday. He doesn't listen to me, but he seemed to listen to you.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
*update*

My buddy finally pulled the trigger. He ended up getting a set of Rosa's heads, idk the specs, had the cams installed. He hasn't had it on a Dyno yet, bike has a PCV w/auto tune. He says it feels better, but now wants to go back to his super tuner. We haven't had a chance to ride together due to weather and work scheduals. The worst part is, last week he got azzholed on his bike. He was stopped at a light when he got hit. The impact sent him into the intersection. Luckily there wasn't any cross traffic. He also managed to keep his bike up. The prelimanary estimate is about 4500 bucks in damage and 8 weeks for repairs. He was unhurt so it could have been worse.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Where does this cam rate to the Andrews 37? Just curious. I have been looking at the Woods cams and I might switch it up if I can get enough hp/tq gain to warrant spending the money.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got to run against my bud the other night, I think he's a little upset. We squared off on the way to the bar , and we were both surprised by the outcome! It was a tie! We were side by side to 100MPH. He should have spanked me. He told me maybe I don't need to get my heads done lol! I think maybe he shifts too soon? IDK? I was just glad to hang that close, for now ;-)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts