Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently was talking with a guy and he referred to my "chopped" bagger as being "ripped" I asked what he meant by "ripped" he explained "well one could argue that it is in theory chopped, but no one could argue that it was ripped, since most people equate ripped as a person void of fat or unneccessary mass" after thinking about it, made sense to me, so is this a new term or am I just late in hearing it?

1998 "ripped" bagger.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Well, there's ripping a CD, and my snowboarding sons will say... "That dude rips", with this basically meaning... he flies. So yes, I would say "ripped" is a variation of the same word, and it is a nice compliment. I think I would hear more often someone say "That bike rips"... translation: That thing is awesome.

·
Registered
53 Posts
my girl friend gets upset when I "let one rip" :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
One meaning of "ripped" is from body builders who say some one is ripped if they have low body fat and good muscle definition. They also use "carved" to mean the same thing. I hadn't heard the term ripped used in respect to a bike before but consider it a compliment.

·
Livn' On Bonus Years
155 Posts
I know that a good drink is a "panty ripper", which is equal parts coconut rum and lemonade.
Several "Margarita's" or any concoction containing "Tequila" works good also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts